Secondary Care Content Editor
Job ID 2022-4043
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
You will be part of the Editorial Team and will report to the Managing Editor. The role involves developing and maintaining content for an online publication on guidelines for secondary care health care professionals.
Ensuring the quality and accuracy of materials produced is of the utmost importance. As Content Editor you will play a key role in the development of content across the online offering and will be required to work with other Content Editors to:
- concisely summarize published guidelines, pinpointing accurately the content of relevance to the audience
- oversee the production of editorial content that has been written by expert authors from the original copy stage to publication
- subedit copy, to include checking facts, rewriting, restructuring as necessary, and making sure that the text follows house style
- proofread pages, incorporate author corrections, and gain relevant approvals and permissions
- write occasional news articles and other short pieces
- post updates on social media
- upload articles to the online content management system
- support team activities to ensure content is developed to deadline
- collaborate on developing content as videos
- keep the Managing Editor, colleagues, and the MGP/Medscape Sales Team updated on progress and any issues.
You will also be required to support the Managing Editor in the development of guidelines content for the publication by:
- sourcing and suggesting topics for a features list and for videos
- liaising with authors and contributors and the Editorial Advisory Board to commission copy
- commissioning and managing articles through the publishing process.
- Life science graduate
- Experience of publishing and editing/subediting
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, and proven track record of ability to meet deadlines
- Able to work independently and across teams
- Able to follow processes
- Understanding of disease area terminology.
- Understanding of clinical content, particularly in relation to the secondary care sector
- Experience of online and/or print publishing
- Experience of a content management system.