Managing Editor, Review of Myopia Management
Job ID 2020-2486
Jobson Healthcare Information (JHI) is a premier healthcare information and marketing services provider, with leading positions in a variety of growing healthcare markets such as pharmacy, eye care, clinician (physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants) and the managed markets (managed care, hospitals and government). Through its diversified, multi-media portfolio of marketing services, information databases, publications, medical education programs, events, websites and other digital and traditional media services, JHI is uniquely positioned to inform and educate a highly targeted network of approximately one million healthcare professionals across multiple specialties.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Practice Advancement Associates (PAA), a division of JHI's Professional Publications Group, provides strategic planning and multi-platform communications programs for optical manufacturers, retailers, vendors, ECPs, optometric associations, and alliances. Specifically, PAA conceptualizes, creates, and manages business education programs, custom print publications, and digital programs geared to helping optometrists and retailers manage the business aspects of their practice with proficiency and success. PAA produces Review of Optometric Business, an online journal focused on the optometry market, as well as ancillary projects, microsites, and sponsored events under the ROB title. In addition, PAA produces a host of custom publications/websites, chief among them Women in Optometry, which has matured as a title to support professional meetings and reports, and Review of Myopia Management, an online journal that focuses on the emerging field of myopia management.
The Managing Editor is responsible for the production of Review of Myopia Management (RMM). This entails planning, writing, posting, and managing new and existing content, including but not limited to online publications, videos, podcasts, webinars, websites, research data, social media, and new projects that may arise. The Managing Editor develops professional contributors to RMM and interfaces with them at professional meetings and in OD-office visits. The Managing Editor participates in an ongoing editorial review with the Editor-in-Chief. The Managing Editor may be called on to make presentations at professional meetings, panels, and online live events when necessary.
- Manage content renewal for ReviewOfMM.com, an online publication for eye care practitioners
- Post articles to RMM website
- Manage and improve content and functions on website
- Perform regular maintenance of RMM website
- Work with Chief Medical Editor and Editor-in-Chief to execute content plan each month
- Assign articles per Chief Medical Editor and Editor-in-Chief for posting to RMM website
- Write articles on an as-needed basis
- Copy edit articles for style; Chief Medical Editor will review and edit articles for accuracy
- Write and post News Briefs based on press releases and interviews and other informational resources
- Write twice-monthly Bulletin e-blast copy and News Brief eblasts
- Create, post, track, and manage social media posts
- Cross promote with other PAA and Jobson publications
- Interface with Jobson editorial and research departments to coordinate sharing of Jobson editorial content, including professional surveys and reports on survey findings
- Develop and manage a growing network of professional contributors and business writers who provide content
- Maintain twice-monthly editorial lineup and eblast schedules using shared spreadsheets
- Direct logistics for videos and podcasts, edit when necessary
- Participate in ancillary events and projects (special reports, symposia, webinars, podcasts, etc.)
- Participate in reader analytics reviews
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or communications required
- Five + years of editorial experience (magazine and online writing, editing, and production) required
- Demonstrated experience in managing writers/editors, schedules, and budgets
- Ability to manage websites, online design, reader analytics, and keep current on web technology
- Ability to coordinate multiple responsibilities and projects and work with a high level of autonomy
- Some travel required