Security Operations Center Engineer (Contract)
Hungry. Humble. Honest.
Our values form the foundation of who we are and how we operate every day around the world. They show up in our ambition to achieve our dreams, our courage to do what matters, and our tenacity to keep customers happy. At Nutanix, we prize those unique individuals who demonstrate empathy, respect differences, and appreciate others. If you’re authentic, credible and transparent—someone who walks your talk and thrives on collaboration—we want you to join our team!
Be a part of building a company that is truly leading an IT revolution. We make infrastructure invisible, elevating IT to focus on the applications and services that power their business. Led by Dheeraj Pandey, one of CRN’s “Top 25 Innovators of 2016,” Nutanix welcomes big thinkers and budding entrepreneurs, those who are unafraid to take on seemingly impossible challenges and interested in learning how to build a business along the way.
Nutanix employees enjoy some amazing benefits and perks: healthcare, plenty of snacks, employee (and family) events, world renowned speakers, training and development, and much more. See what life is like at Nutanix by following us on Twitter: @NutanixCareers and Instagram: @Nutanix
The ideal candidate will have a passion for cybersecurity, system monitoring and analysis, and developing/automating creative solutions. As a Security Engineer you will be expected to be skilled at identifying security gaps in infrastructure and process, effectively execute projects/initiatives to address them, demonstrate excellent judgment, prioritization and communication of technical security risks, and act as a security liaison supporting business units.
Key Responsibilities may include:
- Clearly and logically communicate and build support for your ideas,
- Response and analysis of security issues created by automatic systems and people,
- Troubleshoot technical issues within complex systems,
- Proactively identify gaps, risks and issues and suggest possible solutions,
- Operate our key security tools and constantly tune and build automated response playbooks,
- Define security configurations for endpoint, network, e-mail security, etc.,
- Design automated workflows to streamline security operations,
- Analyzes and estimates feasibility, costs, time, and work effort needed to design and implement moderately complex technical solutions,
- Monitor and proactively manage products and services to assure their performance, availability, security, and capacity,
- Research, analyze and formulate recommendations regarding technologies, products, and solutions to fulfill requirements within the enterprise,
- Act as a consultant on special projects for multiple teams,
- Provide coaching and guidance to more junior staff,
- Evaluate and propose best practices/standards, process improvements, and security policy to provide the highest levels of availability, security and data privacy.
- Able to take ownership of tasks and see through completion,
- Willingness to learn, absorb and correlate technical information and then be able to interpret and simplify it,
- Well organized and able to leverage best practices, able to thrive in fast-paced environment, and most importantly, have the ability to approach problems with a can-do attitude,
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with objectives,
- Strong communication skills to work with both collaborative cross-functional team of peers and departments within the company,
- Understanding of various security technologies including AV, network security, e-mail security, SIEM, etc.,
- Understanding of OS and application logging, with a focus on security event logging,
- Understanding of security operations concepts,
- Practical knowledge of basic networking protocols (TCP/IP stack – reading pcaps),
- Experience with Microsoft Windows or Linux or MacOS Operating Systems on a command line level,
- Experience with one or more programming or scripting language such as Python, VBScript, Perl, TCL or others,
Not essential but a plus:
- BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Security, or Information Systems,
- Previous work experience in a security field,
- Code examples (github, gitlab, etc.),
- CTF experience,
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.