Senior Member of Technical Staff - QA
Nutanix software is deployed on hundreds of thousands of clusters across the world. Determining the health of different components in Nutanix is a very hard problem and correlating it with different events/activities in the system is complex. Additionally each of these events produce a ton of logs. What we are doing is building the next gen cloud-scale health monitoring system so that we can monitor as well as determine the health of the system through alerts, log analysis and insights
We’re looking for the very best in QA who can ensure that the products delivered are of excellent quality. Our Functional Test team is tasked with test planning, test design and test case development to assess and improve the overall quality of our products. Also, the tests developed must be automated so that regression runs don’t have to be repeated manually.
As a member of the Functional Test team you must have experience in testing systems and solutions (clustered solutions, file systems, storage systems, operating systems, hypervisors, networks etc.). The ability to think “like the end user” is crucial in designing test cases to adequately and quickly assess the quality of the product and fitment for release to customers.
As an Sr. Member of Technical Staff - QA, you will be:
- Empowered to test the quality of the deliverables and influence the delivery of quality products/features
- Participating in requirements and design reviews of new features & enhancements
- Designing high level test approaches and implementing detailed test plans based on the requirements
- Working closely with the Development team to ensure that the code developed is testable - are the logs sufficient, should any test hooks be built into the code, is there enough debug information available in case of failure, etc.
- Analyzing failures and determining root cause, setting the expectations of the solution/behavior based on the requirements.
- Automating test cases written and executed as part of new feature testing, and enabling automated regression runs for subsequent releases.
- Filing defects in the Defect Tracking System and driving them to closure
You must have:
- Experience in test plan design and test case development for complex software projects. Experience in testing systems and solutions around storage, cloud computing, cloud storage, VDI etc.
- Experience using virtualization technologies such as VMware, Hyper-V, KVM or Xen.
- Strong operating system fundamentals, with good knowledge of storage and understanding of cluster solutions.
- Knowledge of OOPs concepts and application in writing the test frameworks.
- Expertise in languages like Python and good knowledge of writing test automation frameworks for distributed systems.
- Experience in working on licensing portals as well as analytics products is a plus.
Qualifications and Experience
- BE or MS in Computer Science or related stream is required
- Minimum of 6 or more years of Software QA experience
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.