MTS - UI Engineer ( Epoch )
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 4,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
Nutanix, a leader in enterprise cloud, is looking to hire a UI Engineer to spearhead the launch of new products in application/infrastructure performance monitoring and security analytics space. The new products incorporate groundbreaking advancements in network stream processing, large-scale time series data analytics and data science.
You are curious, able to self-manage, and work collaboratively. You will be part of a small, dynamic, yet impactful team based in San Francisco, with ample opportunity to grow and expand your skill set.
- You will build & design highly engaging UI features for the core product.
- Work closely with product and design teams to create a consumer grade user experience for industry shaping products.
- You will participate in process definition and technology selection to ensure appropriate testing of UIs
- 4+ years of experience working on distributed systems and scalable applications/services
- Sound understanding of Object Oriented Programming is required
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with REST APIs
- Experience with CSS preprocessors like LESS or SASS.
- Working knowledge of Linux, Git and Agile Methodology is desired
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science/ Electrical/ any engineering field (or equivalent degree )
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Prior experience working at a start-up is a huge plus
- Familiarity with OS internals, concepts of distributed data management, and design/implementation trade-offs in building clustered, high-performance, fault-tolerant distributed systems software.
- Experience with data visualization libraries (e.g. D3, Flotr/Flotr2)
- Experience with browser debugging and profiling tools
- Track record of developing enterprise Web applications
- Familiarity or experience with Python, Go Lang is a plus
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.