Software Development Engineer - SDET
Preference is for candidate to be based either in Durham, NC office location or, remote candidates in EST or CST US time zones.
Nutanix is looking for an experienced SDET to join to drive product testing and quality for X-Ray, a critical performance and resiliency testing tool that helps drive sales.
- Conduct requirements and design reviews of new features
- Design high level test approaches and strategies
- Build libraries and utilities to help with writing tests suited for the test framework
- Execute automated and manual tests during product testing phases to find all bugs in your assigned feature area(s)
- Work closely with the Development team to analyze and find root cause of failures
- Debugging, filing defects, and tracking them to closure
- Experience in test plan design and test case development for complex software projects.
- Experience testing a “systems” product (file systems, storage systems, databases, operating systems, hypervisors, or networking).
- Experience developing automated tests in Python programming language.
- Experience using and debugging issues in virtualization technologies such as VMware, KVM, Hyper-V, or Xen. VMware/KVM is preferred.
- Strong systems administration experience in Linux
- Ability to leverage open source tools for test development and execution.
Nice to Have:
- Experience using and administering projects in a continuous integration framework such as GitLab CI/Jenkins/Hudson/CircleCI.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
Qualifications and Experience:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field is required.
- 4+ years of experience as a Software Development Engineer in Test.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.