MTS Developer, Early Career
Nutanix engineers are creating a revolutionary technology, building the software defined data center. We’re using our love of programming and outstanding backgrounds to change the way companies virtualize their data center. At Nutanix, you’ll find no shortage of challenging problems to work on. We work closely with our product in a collegiate, collaborative environment that encourages the open exploration of ideas.
Nutanix, a leader in enterprise cloud, is looking to hire outstanding software developers to join our Insights team. You will be part of a small yet impactful team with ample opportunity to grow and expand your skill set. Nutanix welcomes big thinkers and budding entrepreneurs, those who are unafraid to take on seemingly impossible challenges and interested in learning how to build a business along the way.
The Insights team provides predictive health and support automation for Nutanix customers, enabling them to easily uncover gaps in health and remediate issues that arise, resulting in self-serving of issues by customers. The Insights team focuses on Smart & predictive support, comprehensive data analysis, health telemetry and metering for the end customer. The Metering Engine that the team is building is a critical part of Nutanix’s transition to a subscription-based business model. The Metering Platform analyzes telemetry data from customers and enables them to pay for the entire suite of Nutanix products in pay as you go model.
We are looking for an Engineer to join the Metering Engine team to help design and implement next-gen features. The next-gen features involve projects such as scaling metering to work on a large customer base for Nutanix, enabling metering capabilities for the entire suite of Nutanix products and providing insights to customers on their usage patterns and recommendations on cost modeling. This is a unique opportunity to be an early Engineer in the Metering Engine team. The Engineer will work on a microservices architecture, leveraging innovative technologies such as Kubernetes, AWS, RDS, AWS Kinesis, and Snowflake. You will have the opportunity to work with Architects, Product Managers, and other product teams to refine the scope of wide ranging and challenging problems including designing solutions and driving implementation of product features. The team will drive data transformations and work on other frameworks to ensure the data used for the metering engine is user-friendly.
- Design and develop the next generation of features for the Metering Engine
- Partner with Architects, Product Managers, and Engineers from other product teams to translate requirements and ensure data is collected and analyzed to accurately reflect the usage of the product
- Responsible for driving the implementation of the projects by coordinating with the lead Engineers in the Insights team
- Work closely with development, test, and documentation teams to deliver high quality products and service
- Provide KPIs to evaluate effectiveness of the metering usage being surfaced
- Work with various Big Data platforms, databases, and systems such as AWS Redshift / Snowflake, AWS RDS, AWS S3, Kubernetes and other Big Data technologies
- Participate in data modeling discussion to ensure the best performance for solutions required by the Product Managers
- BA, BS, or MS degree in Computer Science or related field, and 0- 2 years of work experience.
- Experience with one or more of the following languages (Python, Golang, Scala, C++)
- Experience working with Big Data Technologies and one or more of the cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP etc) is preferred
- Owner's mindset and experience working in a fast-paced, ambiguous, and demanding environment
- Strong understanding and professional experience in SaaS technology development best practices (such as Agile Experience working with SQL and Databases)
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.