Resident Consultant (DevOps)
The Nutanix Customer Success Resident team delivers a strong influence on the success of each Nutanix implementation by its customers. The Resident function ensures success by engaging with customers in the pre-sales and post-sales stages. Besides helping customers implement Nutanix products successfully, the Resident team ensures customer success in fully implementing their virtualized and software-defined data centers. The Nutanix Resident Consulting function includes assessment, design, implementation, integration and automation services as well as project management.
Nutanix Customer Success is looking for a Customer focused, ambitious, and driven virtualization consultant to serve as a remote Resident Consultant. This is a remote position working from India supporting global customers in US and Europe time zones.
Responsibilities will include
- Remote administration and support of customer's existing Nutanix environment, Proactively monitor alerts, Investigate and resolve issues in the environment, create growth plans and generate reports based on your customer's current trends.
- You will do upgrade planning and upgrade execution on Nutanix clusters.
- You will focus on automation of Nutanix products and operational processes using Nutanix API.
- Migrate Virtual Machines (VMs) from traditional 3-Tier architectures to Nutanix infrastructure.
- Day to day operations of AHV/VMware/ HyperV VMs
- Act as trusted advisor to teams while providing guidance for Nutanix standard methodologies. You will also Identify and suggest architectural and engineering changes that would benefit the customer in their environment.
- You will join efforts with the Nutanix Sales Team in identifying and communicating new opportunities as well as ongoing customer status and reporting. You'll also keep the customer well-informed by providing status reporting on projects, updates to software and any ancillary documentation.
- Training and enablement of customer resources.
- Willingness to work in US time zone. Job location: Pune
- Python or PowerShell scripting skills (consuming API)
- Experience with use of web service development and using RESTful APIs
- Experience on working with US/Europe customers on tech support area.
- Interest or experience working with Virtualization technologies (VMware, KVM, HyperV)
- We are seeking an individual who is patient and professional. You should be able to remain calm when under pressure and be someone who thrives in an environment where there is an opportunity to educate others.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience on software application development/support project having scripting skills in API management and service integrations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills used as part of a commitment to help others succeed.
- A focus on delighting the customer and building relationships.
- Python certification
- Understanding of configuration management tools such as Chef/Puppet/Vagrant/Ansible/Salt
- Experience with DevOps tools like Jira, Bitbucket, Artifactory, etc.
- Experience with building Jenkins/automated test frameworks
- Experience with containers including Docker/Swarm/Kubernetes
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.