Senior Counsel, Employment Law
Nutanix is looking for our second employment lawyer in the Americas, based out of our San Jose, California Headquarters, to be a part of our talented and collaborative legal team. This role offers an opportunity to play key role in building Nutanix’s dynamic workforce, in alignment with its Culture Principles. The position will report to Nutanix’s Global Head of Employment Law and work closely with the People Team and business leadership.
Provide pragmatic, risk-balanced advice to Nutanix’s People team and business leadership in the Americas (Canada, the U.S., and Latin America) on all day-to-day aspects of employment-related matters (recruiting/hiring, contingent workforce management, diversity and inclusion, wage and hour, compensation, OFCCP compliance, leaves of absence, performance management, employee relations investigations and employee terminations/workforce restructuring).
Employment Counsel will have direct responsibility for managing core Employment Counsel functions including:
· Advising senior executives and the People & Culture team on mission-critical employment decisions, policies, and practices
· Management of employment litigation, including drafting responses to demand letters and EEOC/state agency claims, supervising outside counsel as required
· Coordinating and managing employment-related projects, policy drafting and oversight of HR/employment compliance programs
· Managing legal risks and provide solutions for resolving employment disputes
· Management and support of employment terminations/workforce restructuring across the Americas region
· Advising on employment law trends/developments and best practices, including developing/delivering relevant trainings to the People Team and business leadership to ensure ongoing best practices and compliance
· Drafting and negotiating commercial contracts related to the contingent workforce, special consultants and other third-party engagements
· Performing other special assignments or projects as needed in support of the Employment Law function
· J.D. degree and California bar member
· 8+ years of relevant experience in employment law (preferably a combination of law firm and in-house practice)
· Prior experience advising on employment matters throughout the U.S., Canada, and Latin America strongly preferred
· Detail-oriented and highly organized
· Team player yet able to own functional responsibilities and deliver results with limited direction
· Highest level of judgment and integrity
· Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
· Excellent communication, interpersonal and collaborative skills
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyper-converged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting email@example.com.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.