Events Manager (Contractor)
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 5,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
Job Title: Events Manager (Contractor)
Duration: 6-8 months with the possibility to extend to 12 months
Lead event logistics for .NEXT user conference. Daily responsibilities include serving as an event expert, working closely with product and solutions marketing managers to identify event needs, coordinate logistics and execute event operations. This is a unique opportunity to play a highly visible role in an exciting, industry-leading technology business.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders for event needs, provide recommendations to meet event needs and collect set up specifications
- Manage all event vendors to create a cohesive program specifications plan
- Lead onsite local staff and manage space assignment for all meeting needs
- Provide creative input on evening events, themes and fun factors
- Provide PO, contract processing support and assist with management of budget
- Demonstrated success in event management and execution of proprietary conferences both domestically and internationally.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or relevant field of study.
- A willingness to travel and ability to work independently and autonomously.
- Superior oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and highly cross-functional organization.
- Superior organizational skills with ability to manage multiple events simultaneously and execute high quality deliverables
- Experience with Salesforce and mobile app vendor management
- 5-7 years of corporate conference management experience, preferably in the technology field
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.