Sr. Database Solutions Architect (MSSQL)
The Sr. Database Solutions Architect combines deep technical subject matter expertise with a keen understanding of how to address the critical business needs of enterprise customers through Nutanix products and solutions. This role is a high-impact and high-visibility one, primarily across EMEA region, and globally.
- Work with internal customers (System Engineers), prospects and customers helping on how to deploy MS SQL workloads on Nutanix platform
- Collaborate with Nutanix’s Engineering by running benchmarks, providing SWOT analysis of the Nutanix Platform in order enhance the Nutanix’s offerings
- Develop automation for running benchmarks, collect and interpret results
- Provide guidance on how MS SQL workloads should be deployed on Nutanix’s Platform
- Evaluate new upcoming technologies and provide feedback on the technologies to keep an eye/invest on
- Support Nutanix sales teams on large and/or strategic opportunities
- Provide help to install, support, and maintain Nutanix solutions during strategic Proof of Concept (POC) deployments
- Stay well ahead of the learning curve in your area of expertise and related business trends
- Be part of a global team of SME’s providing help during customer escalations processes
- 7+ years of hands-on subject matter expertise with Microsoft SQL Server mandatory; experience with other commercial and open-source databases is a plus
- Deep expertise in one or more of the following areas: Server Virtualization; Networking, Storage, Platform and Database Performance tuning
- Experience in architecting, designing and deploying MS SQL Server databases. Experience with any other commercial or open-source database is a plus
- Solid understanding of Windows performance reports and experience in sizing and capacity planning complex workloads
- Experience with Database Management products such as Delphix, Actifio, NetApp Snapmanager and similar is a plus - hands on experience preferred
- Knowledge of public cloud database solutions/offerings like AWS RDS is a plus
- Experience in writing automation scripts (python, PowerShell) and experience with infrastructure automation frameworks such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet and similar
- Flexible, dependable, self-starter, capable of quickly learning new products and technologies
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, as well as excellent presentation skills
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of Relational Database implementation, operations and/or solution deployment experience in a business-critical, high-availability context.
- Hands on experience with Benchmarking tools like HammerDB, Benchmark Factory, or others
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.