West Systems Engineering Director
Systems Engineering Director – West Enterprise
The Nutanix Systems Engineering Director is a technical field position that leads our Enterprise Pre-Sales Systems Engineering Managers/Directors on the West Enterprise team. In this role, you will have leadership responsibility for the Enterprise Systems Engineering Managers/Directors within the West region and will act as a working manager. It is expected that you can perform many of the functions that a Nutanix Systems Engineer does, including running Proof of Concepts. You will report to the Sr. Director, Systems Engineering Enterprise and will act as the Systems Engineering resource for the Regional Sales Vice President of the West Enterprise Region.
About the team
Our Americas Systems Engineering organization is made up of over 300+ customer-focused technical sales professionals that provide pre-sales consulting, technical guidance, and hands-on assistance to customers and Nutanix channel partners. Our Systems Engineering organization collaborates and partners with our sales teams to recommend and design effective and appropriate customer solutions based on Nutanix offerings. This team also acts in a consultative fashion and is looked to as an expert in his/her field by the Nutanix sales teams, business partners, and customers.
- Support field SE team in complex evaluations, troubleshooting, and challenging customer environments
- Recruit and hire new Systems Engineers and managers into the territory and provide mentorship and training to them once onboard
- Provide an escalation point for pre-sales and post-sales technical issues that arise in the territory
- Build and maintain relationships with key customers in the territory
- Act as a floating Systems Engineer and fill in for existing team members if there is a resource conflict or need for vacation coverage
- Take ownership of ensuring channel enablement is ongoing
- Foster channel partner relationships with their technical teams
- Management responsibility for Systems Engineers in the territory including expenses, quarterly check-ins, escalation conversations, etc
- Ability to travel about 50% of the time within the region
- You have 10+ years of experience as a Sr./Pre-Sales Systems Engineer.
- You have 3-5+ years of experience in a management role.
- You possess deep knowledge of the virtualization and storage markets as well as design capabilities.
- You have strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills.
- You are a humble leader with a bias for action.
- You operate with a ‘whatever it takes' attitude and motivation to do whatever is necessary to assist in closing a deal.
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field (or equivalent work experience).
Does this sound like you? Let’s talk!
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid, and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation, or harassment. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.