Senior Engineering Manager
JD for Sr. Engineering Manager
Nutanix has disrupted the multi-billion dollar virtualization market by pioneering the first converged compute & storage virtualization appliance that can incrementally scale out to manage petabytes of data while running tens of thousands of virtual machines. We strive to bring simplicity in data center management and constantly challenge ourselves to make complex systems simple.
At Calm, we are trying to build the next generation platform to help enterprises model and develop applications; encapsulate the application architecture and deployment as code. Our goal is to provide application lifecycle operations such as build, deploy, start, stop, upgrade and retire, “out of the box”. We want enterprises to be able to manage and move their application workloads, across and between bare metal, VMs on premise or cloud or containers.
Roles and responsibilities
- Team building
- Hire and grow a team of high performing engineers with diverse skill-sets
- Hire, coach and grow first line engineering managers and program managers
- Engineering & Release Management
- Refine and grow existing processes or develop new ones to enable smooth functioning of engineering team
- Drive development of timely and high quality software releases
- Product and Technical
- Drive product direction and strategy by interfacing regularly with product managers, solution architects, sales engineers and customers
- Drive scalable, extensible architecture by participating in architecture and technical design
- Ensure the team of engineers and managers are happy, motivated and engaged.
- Good at collaboration and communication
- Collaborating with the geo-distributed teams
- Communicate across functional teams, keeping various engineering, product and business stakeholders informed
- Good at planning & execution
- Should be able to own and deliver large projects end to end, keeping track of timelines
- Be able to keep track of (and context switch between) different threads and ensure that details don’t slip through the cracks
- Solid technical skills
- Strong experience in having built, operated and scaled distributed, large-scale, fault-tolerant systems
- Familiarity with x86 architecture, virtualization, containers and/or storage management
- Familiarity with OS internals, concepts of distributed data management, web scale systems
- Experience in one of following programming languages: Python/GoLang/C/C++/Java
- Working experience working with storage, virtualization and/or cloud technologies
- Experience with Hadoop, MapReduce, Cassandra, Zookeeper and other large-scale distributed database systems preferred
Qualifications and Experience
- BS/ MS in Computer Science or Engineering
- 10+ Years of experience, 5+ Years of management experience
- Proven hands-on technical management
- Experience working in a high growth multinational company environment.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.