Senior Member of Technical Staff- AHV Hypervisor
AHV hypervisor is built with a custom Linux kernel. The major components are the Linux kernel KVM module, QEMU, and LibVirt user space processes.
We are looking for candidates with a strong understanding of the Linux Kernel and experience with virtualization and hypervisor technologies such as paravirtualization, hardware-assisted virtualization like nested paging, Intel VT-x/AMD SVM, IOMMU, etc.
- Design and develop new AHV features.
- Fix problems and maintain AHV features.
- Constantly push towards making AHV highly reliable, performant, and secure.
- Interact with open source communities.
- Be passionate about datacenter related problems and strive to come up with innovative solutions.
- Leading the development of features from concept to market.
- Mentoring other software engineers.
- Extensive knowledge of OS internals, particularly UNIX/Linux.
- Good experience in C and Python programming languages
- Familiarity with x86 architecture, virtualization, storage, and network management.
- Debugging experience across hardware and platform firmware.
- Experience in Linux driver maintenance.
- Ability to work with open source communities is preferred.
Qualifications and Experience:
- BS or MS (preferred) in Computer Science or related.
- 7+ years of industry experience, with 4+ years of related kernel/drivers experience on x86.
- Skilled in C/C++, multi-threading, algorithms, data structures on Linux.
- Strong debugging skills in Linux kernel mode.
- Experience developing software for Unix/Linux/BSD operating systems at the kernel level.
- Device driver development experience in Unix/Linux/BSD environments.
- Knowledge of software engineering practices and software design principles.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Team player, with the willingness to work with globally distributed team
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.