Team Lead, Support Readiness
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 4,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
In this role, you are responsible for overseeing a team of Technical Trainers in the Worldwide Support organization. These Technical Trainers will be responsible for developing, enhancing and delivering Nutanix Support training worldwide. The Team Lead will establish training schedules, onboarding activities, and maintain a worldwide training catalog to meet the needs of the organization. As needed, the Team Lead can also develop, enhance, and deliver Nutanix Support training.
Working closely with Support management, you will be expected to drive improvements with people, processes, and technologies to increase successful customer resolutions by the Support team.
In the classes that are delivered, you will validate the correctness of the materials, set appropriate expectations before and throughout the class, and ensure learner satisfaction with the scope and depth of what is covered. Further to this, a core part of your role will be to evaluate, audit, and coach other trainers. Finally, you will work towards continually improving the scale, depth, and quality of the Nutanix Support training experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- New Hire Training - maintain and deliver course material to onboard newly hired Support team members as needed
- Nutanix Technical Training - maintain and deliver onsite and virtual classroom sessions of the Nutanix training courses as needed
- Technical Support Development - deepen technical knowledge for seasoned members of the Support team in areas such as hypervisors (ESXi, Hyper-V, AHV and KVM) and applications (Microsoft SQL, Exchange and AD)
- New Feature Training - translate the Transfer Of Information sessions into support-focused information for System Reliability Engineers and Nutanix Support partners
- Technical Content - work closely with Development Engineering and Support Engineers to develop and enhance training content
- Nutanix Technical Certifications - proctor the Nutanix Support Specialist practical exams as needed
- Assist and drive internal and external training requirements to achieve a balanced mix of expertise in the following areas: Nutanix certifications (NCP, NCAP, NSS); VMware (VCP); Cisco (all the way up to CCIE career paths); Microsoft (special focus on Hyper-V and AD); KVM; Linux; DevOps; Kubernetes; Hadoop; Veeam; Horizon View; etc
- Work with Support management to drive team training paths and schedules
- Conduct regular team meetings and performance discussions with Technical Trainers
- Track, monitor, and report on department operations including a worldwide training budget
- Assign and manage projects with tracking and documentation based on project success
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Prior experience delivering technical training
- Prior experience authoring technical content (videos, documentation, product guides, lab guides)
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication
- Experience as a Support Engineer or proven technical troubleshooting skills
- Experience with goal setting and action plans for career development on both a team and individual basis
- Ability to develop individual and team objectives to contribute positively to organizational goals and direction
- Ability to manage multiple projects within tight timeframes
- Ability to work effectively on global and virtual teams and accommodate time differences
- Work in a fast-paced, rewarding environment with tight deadlines and minimal supervision that demands high quality, creativity and consistency
- BS in Engineering or CS (or equivalent technical degree and 5+ years work experience)
- Travel up to 30% of the time
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.