Software Development Engineer in Test
We’re looking for a fearless and creative automated test developer to build a low-maintenance and elegant automated regression test library for a groundbreaking and revolutionary enterprise infrastructure product.
We’re looking for someone who is up to the challenge of doubling our QA testing capacity by automating our extensive suite of complex manual tests. In addition to the test automation work, you will support a successful product delivery schedule by running tests and analyzing failures. The ideal candidate will have a strong arsenal of skills and a proven track record of quickly implementing, maintaining, and running a reliable automated regression test library.
- Automating test cases written and executed as part of new feature testing; enabling automated regression runs for subsequent releases.
- Working closely with the development team to ensure that the code developed is testable - are there enough logs, should any test hooks be built into the code, is there enough debug information available in case of failure, etc…
- Analyzing failures and determining root cause, filing defects in the Defect Tracking System and driving them to closure
- Knowledge of OOPs concepts and application in writing the test frameworks.
- Experience in developing automated tests using Python programming.
- Experience using and administering projects in a continuous integration. framework such as Jenkins/Hudson.
- Able to work independently.
- Team player who is excited to share ideas and problems, and quickly processes feedback.
- Love of programming and problem-solving.
- Good testing acumen.
- Ability to innovate.
- Familiarity with virtualization and/or storage and network management
- Familiarity with UNIX/Linux (RHEL flavors preferred).
- Works on projects of moderate to high conceptual complexity. Demonstrated ability to write high quality functional and system test plans.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Masters at Computer Science or equivalent.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in QA and automation.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.