Charlotte, NC - Enterprise Pre-Sales Systems Engineer
We are looking for an experienced, and motivated Pre-Sales/Systems Engineer to support a growing territory. In this role, you will report to the Systems Engineering Manager and partner with Account Managers to cover accounts in Charlotte, NC.
The Pre-Sales/Systems Engineer is a very prominent, high impact role responsible for establishing Nutanix as an innovative leader for the enterprise and closing transactions within assigned territories. We want someone who will be able to clearly articulate the value of Nutanix while respecting the overwhelming needs and responsibilities the Enterprise sector faces. As a Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for identifying and matching technology opportunities with the customer’s business issues and objectives, as well as channel partner training and enablement.
About the team
Our Americas Systems Engineering organization is made up of 300+ customer-focused technical sales professionals who provide pre-sales consulting, technical guidance, and hands-on assistance to customers and Nutanix channel partners. Our System Engineering organization collaborates and partners with our sales teams to recommend and design effective and appropriate customer solutions based on Nutanix offerings. This team also acts in a consultative fashion and is looked to as an expert in his/her field by the Nutanix sales teams, business partners, and customers.
- Drive sales with technical expertise, account management skills, sales ability, and exceptional customer focus.
- Engage as part of a sales team to achieve or exceed revenue goals.
- Experience that demonstrates a strong level of expertise in technical specifications required to sell Nutanix products and services.
- Create and deliver technical product presentations and/or training sessions to channel partners and customers remotely or at customer locations and Nutanix facilities.
- Build long-term business relationships and become a trusted advisor within each account to identify opportunities and sell Nutanix solutions.
- Present Nutanix Solutions’ value proposition to customers and partners.
- Participate in the consultation to prospective users and/or product capability assessment and validation as it applies to the technical sales process.
- Install, support, and maintain Nutanix solutions at the pre-sales Proof of Concept deployments.
- Ability to leverage and maximize reseller and alliance partner relationships to increase sales performance.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
- You have at least 5 to 8 years of Sales Engineering or Reseller experience in a high tech sales environment with a demonstrated track record of success in driving customer adoption of technology.
- You have a high level of specialized sales and product solution knowledge. This includes a thorough understanding of one or more of the following areas:
- Application Virtualization
- Server Virtualization
- Networking, Storage and Platform Performance/Sizing
- You have the ability to motivate, train, and conduct seminars with our partners to increase Nutanix revenues within assigned territory.
- You have a track record of success at maintaining relationships with technical resources at all levels of a customer organization.
- You are flexible, dependable, self-starter, and capable of quickly learning new products and technologies.
- You have direct professional experience with VMWare and have knowledge of Linux/Unix.
- You have experience selling servers, storage hardware, and networking.
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
Does this sound like you? Let’s talk!
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid, and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation, or harassment. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.