Regional Channel Manager - SLED (Central)
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 4,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
As the Regional Channel Manager- SLED (State, Local, and Education), you are responsible for building the relationship between Nutanix and channel partners across the region. Your ability to penetrate new territories and align efforts from departments across both organizations is essential to your being successful in this role. Working with cross-functional teams from Nutanix’s Territory Sales, Systems Engineering, Channel Marketing, Field Marketing, Alliances and Sales Operations functions will be key resources for you to leverage to attain and exceed sales performance goals.
The essential responsibilities of the Regional Channel Manager are to work directly with partners to develop sales opportunities, and to work effectively across functions with other Nutanix employees to build synergy with Nutanix channel partners:
• Demonstrate leadership and initiative.
• Provide coaching and management oversight to the Nutanix and partner sales teams to help them drive their sales strategy and goal attainment.
• Use relationship management techniques to develop selling opportunities with partners.
• Work closely with sales management on development and execution of a sales strategy; adhere to available resources and district sales objectives.
• Participate in strategic planning sessions with channel partners and Nutanix sales management team on a quarterly and annual basis.
• Plan and direct channel activities including implementing forecasts, marketing program development, relationship development, customer satisfaction and collateral material development and distribution.
• Schedule and attend sales call appointments with a prospect in partner organization.
• Create sales team alignment between partners and Nutanix account teams within the territory.
• Establish short-term and long-term goals and quotas in line with corporate objectives.
• Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets.
• Identify needed resources for supporting sales strategy and develop a proposed budget for management review.
• Be seen and treated by Nutanix channel partners as a trusted and valued resource.
• Collaborate with the field marketing organization to plan, deliver and manage an effective communication and demand generation campaign for each focus partner.
• Identify Nutanix customer references that can be utilized when reference selling.
• Develop an account management plan to sell to customer based on their business need.
• Develop focus partner roster for each Nutanix sales team in your territory
• Develop quarterly MDF/Funding spend budgets based on partner revenue targets
• Interface directly with Field Marketing teams to develop territory specific plans
- Leverage Social media to bi-directionally promote and drive the Nutanix and channel partnerships, goals and objectives.
• Knowledge of State, Local, and Education sales process, funding, procurement methods, and contract vehicles.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills including presentation skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively with employees within the sales function and across functions including Marketing, Sales Operations, System Engineering, and Product Development.
• A strong understanding of the sales process and Channel Sales.
• Experience with target account selling, solution selling, and/or consultative sales techniques.
• An aptitude for understanding how technology products and solutions solve business problems.
• Ability to communicate with senior managers about their business challenges
• As a seasoned, experienced professional, with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures, this individual will apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving a wide range of issues in imaginative and practical ways.
• Can own account responsibility or work on a team.
• The ideal candidate will contribute proactively to the sales team efforts and positively influences decisions. May also act as a team leader and main decision market for team
- Can develop a budget to support the enablement, marketing and promotion of the partner business plans
Location: Central Region, United States
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.