Solutions Architect: Networking
The Nutanix Solutions Architect (SA) combines deep technical expertise with a keen understanding of how to address the critical business needs of enterprise customers through Nutanix products and solutions. The SA is a high-impact, high-visibility role, and is considered to be the pinnacle of the Systems Engineering career path at Nutanix.
- Be the key technical leader and influencer in shaping customer decisions to adopt Nutanix technologies
- Serving as a Solutions Architect and trusted advisor for both the end customers and field sales teams
- Present, demonstrate and help execute proof of concepts for Nutanix technologies, drive customer engagements from early conversations to decision making evaluations.
- Design and implement networking solutions in relation to Nutanix’s best practices
- Influence Nutanix go-to-market strategies by providing feedback to sales, marketing, and engineering on current and future product requirements and sales blockers encountered
- Be a self-starter who can flourish in a dynamic technology company
- Stay well ahead of the learning curve in your area of expertise and related business trends
- 10+ years of relevant experience in Software pre-sales and technical sales
- Familiarity with public cloud technologies is a plus.
- Thorough understanding of networking in Virtualization and Public Cloud
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-adapting environment, working with cross-functional teams and leveraging company resources to drive sales using a combination of top-down and bottom-up tactics.
- Strong experience selling and architecting Enterprise networking solutions from vendors such as Cisco, Juniper, Arista, F5, Mellanox/nVIDIA and others or startups operating in the Enterprise networking space
- Must be a strong communicator and presenter with excellent writing skills with a penchant for organization, constant follow-up and attention to detail.
- Experience in design, architect and deploying complex deployments
- Thorough understanding of technical sales techniques and processes including ability to understand customer needs, overcome objections, assist in development of business cases and technically close deals.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, as well as excellent presentation skills
- Ability to travel within the United States as required
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years prior Solutions Architect experience in a high-tech sales environment with a proven track record of success in driving customer adoption of technology
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.