IT support engineer (Contract)
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 4,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
Nutanix is looking for an IT Support Engineer to be part of the Corporate IT team in Belgrade office. You will work in an exciting and extremely fast/paced environment. You should have strong written and verbal communication, solid hardware/software troubleshooting skills for common desktop/laptop issues, IT infrastructure, and a customer focused mentality. Our overall goal is to provide a world class customer support experience that is hyper focused on efficiency.
- Front line support for Tier 1 and 2 requests
- Ticket triage and acts as a single point of contact for customer on escalations to the appropriate level
- Performing initial triage, diagnosis and troubleshooting; Proactively notifying customers of all incidents within SLA guidelines
Remotely resolving incidents within their capability and implementing known solutions to known issues
- Responsible for working with other support specialists to coordinate and quickly resolve customer issues; Providing regular updates to customers as efforts for resolution progress
- Responsible to escalate issues to third parties and higher technical and managerial support in accordance with expected service levels
- Documenting all actions taken to resolve incidents in ticketing tools; Ensuring the correct and timely closure and completion of all incidents in ticketing tools
- Role requires flexibility in working hours within in shift schedules
- Monitors incident status and escalates cases that are not resolved in a specific time frame
- Other duties as assigned by management
Ideal candidate should have:
- Relevant work experience 2+ years in technical support or similar technical environment
- High level of understanding and experience with information technology
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees/management
- Must have a high technical aptitude, be highly motivated, and be ready for a challenge
- Strong communication, documentation, and analytical skills
- The ability to handle stressful situations and tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent English language verbal and written communication skills.
- Windows and MacOS knowledge
- Windows server and active directory knowledge
- Okta, ServiceNow, Slack, Office365, Gsuite administration
- Basic Linux knowledge
- Basic networking knowledge
It’s good to have:
- General knowledge of remote support technologies and strategies
- Knowledge of service management tools for tracking ticket
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies
- Jira and Confluence administration
- CompTIA Network+, MCSA, CCNA Routing & Switching
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.