Resident Consultant - Customer Success (Contractor)
Nutanix Customer Success is looking for a data center virtualization consultant to serve as a Resident Consultant at US Federal facility in Colorado Springs, CO.
- Onsite administration and support of Nutanix/VMware/Horizon View environment.
- Perform capacity planning and architectural strategy activities in concert with customer architecture and engineering team.
- Act as trusted advisor to customer infrastructure and engineering teams; providing guidance, as well as Nutanix, VMware and VDI best practices.
- Identify and suggest architectural and engineering changes that would benefit both Nutanix and the customer in the environment.
- Integrate with the Nutanix sales team for the account. Identify and communicate new opportunities as appropriate, as well as providing customer status reporting.
- Training and enablement of customer resources.
- US Citizen with a current Secret clearance.
- A minimum of 7+ years of experience as a virtualization consultant.
- A keen knowledge of VMware ESX and data center virtualization which includes expertise with Nutanix Enterprise Cloud Platform.
- VDI expertise (Horizon View) and virtualization of business-critical applications.
- Deep understanding of storage technologies and data protection technologies like replication, snapshots, backup, restore, etc.
- Ability to independently analyze and diagnose highly complex networking problems across different platforms.
- Ability to be hands-on in servicing the requirements of a client.
- A focus on customer satisfaction and relationship.
- Nutanix NCP 5.x certification.
- Experience working with the Federal Government.
- Scripting experience (Powershell, Bash, PowerCLI). Ability to review and modify existing scripts as needed.
- Should have familiarity with related VDI skills including AD, DNS, DHCP, Zero Client infrastructures, Profile Unity/Stratusphere & Multi-site Horizon View Environments.
- Presentation skills are important, along with the ability to train the customer on our products.
- VMware certification such at VCP or VCAP.
- Migration of workload, both P2V and V2V.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.