Federal Civilian Account Manager - DHS
Federal Account Manager - DHS
We are looking for a Federal Account Manager for the DC Metro area. As a Federal Account Manager, you will be responsible for selling Nutanix’s products and solutions through channel partners and interacting directly with customers in the region. You will be working closely with a Sales Engineer in the same field and territory. This position reports into Steve Rea and will work on the frontlines of our Federal business building and maintaining relationships with Government Agencies.
About the Team:
Our first customers here at Nutanix came from the Federal market. This was made possible early on by the Nutanix Federal team building the business case to make the necessary security and information assurance investments to compete and differentiate in the federal market. For example, Nutanix was first to market with an automated STIG feature providing STIG compliance for our Federal customers, "out of the box". In addition to our largest customer at Nutanix being one of our intelligence programs, our federal customer base also have an over 60% AHV adoption rate. That same IC customer was actually the pilot for our first version of AHV back in 2013.
- Experience selling into the Federal Sector that demonstrates a strong level of expertise in technical specifications required to sell Nutanix products and services.
- Align Nutanix solutions with the agency mission and business problem while helping the customer develop requirements.
- Possess an aptitude for understanding how technology products and solutions solve business problems, as well as the competitive landscape.
- Ability to work collaboratively with employees within the sales function, as well as cross-functional teams such as Marketing, Sales Operations, System Engineering, and Product Development.
- Experience with target account selling, solution selling, and/or consultative sales techniques.
- Ability to communicate with senior management about their business challenges and Nutanix data management storage solutions.
- Experience with SFDC or other Customer Relationship Management tools.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
- You have at least 5 to 10 years in a quota-carrying sales role with demonstrated achievement selling into the Federal market.
- You have familiarity with the Federal procurement process to include Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), the RFI/RFP process, contract vehicles, coordinating responses via our channel and/or solution provider are important skills.
- You have a track record of exceeding assigned sales quotas in multiple, continuous years.
- You are someone with an entrepreneurial spirit with an affinity for collaboration and teamwork.
- You come with a keen ability to develop new accounts and penetrate new divisions and organizations within your assigned accounts.
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
Does this sound like you? Let’s talk!
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid, and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation, or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting email@example.com.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.