Systems Engineer/Presales Public Sector - UK North
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 5,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
The Senior Systems Engineer (SSE) is a customer-focused technical sales professional that provides pre-sales consulting, technical guidance, thought leadership and hands-on assistance to customers and Nutanix channel partners. The SSE teams and collaborates with Nutanix sales teams to recommend and design effective and appropriate customer solutions based on Nutanix offerings.
The SSE acts in a consultative fashion and is looked to as an expert in his/her field by the Nutanix sales teams, business partners and customers.
Our System Engineers work as part of a sales team, working with one Account Executive focused on a defined list of accounts across public sector. As a team you have the opportunity to build your franchise, working alongside your colleagues in services, support and marketing to deliver customer success. At Nutanix we are proud of our NPS score, consistently achieving over 90 by the focus all our teams have on customer satisfaction.
We are looking for passionate individuals who want to be part of one of the most exciting and visionary companies in the market where everyone is obsessed with our core principles of being honest, humble and hungry.
- Articulate the features and benefits of Nutanix solutions and products.
- Understand the customer’s business drivers and how to map these to a Nutanix solution.
- Provide technical leadership in the Requirements Discovery, Solution Development, and Solution Proposal stages of the opportunity sales cycle.
- Provide channel partner enablement for selected channel partners in defined territory to include: regular product and solution updates, customized workshops, SE shadow program, and any other required tasks to enable partner to perform independent pre-sales support for small-to-medium size opportunities.
- Perform product demonstrations and presentations in support of company road show’s and events.
- Manage, monitor, and/or perform solution evaluations and Proofs-of-Concept in support of sales opportunities either directly or through channel partners.
- Perform technical account management and act as an interface between the sales/pre-sales account teams and technical staff by monitoring and managing technical issues to conclusion, including any required management escalations required to resolve technical issues.
- Act as interface to Product Management to monitoring and manage feature requests and product roadmap issues to conclusion, including any required management escalations required to resolve related issues.
- Provide reporting and feedback on customer accounts and field activities to Sales, Product Management, and Engineering.
- Has proven customer facing skills at both the C-level and line management level.
- Has experience working in public sector, preferably from both technical as well as presales perspective.
- Be technically strong enough to establish credibility with technical leaders and seen as providing thought leadership.
- Technical experience with virtualization technologies, data center consolidation, software sales, software defined storage, hyperscalers and hybrid cloud highly desirable. Experience in automation, orchestration and DevOps desirable.
- Hands-on, and “does what it takes” attitude to drive success.
- Team player with strong drive.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate professionally with partners, customers, and internal cross-functional teams including Sales, Marketing, and Engineering.
- A structured thinker with strong presentation and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, determine project urgency and execute detailed action plans.
- Highest level of personal and professional ethics and integrity.
- Travel within the UK required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5-7+ years’ experience in a customer facing technical role.
- Experience that demonstrates a strong level of expertise in technical specifications required to sell Nutanix solutions and services is required.
- Experience in selling into the data centre with enterprise software, cloud and hardware solutions.
- Knowledge on automation, orchestration and DevOps highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We are humbled to be recognized as one of Bloomberg’s Top 50 Companies to Watch in 2020 and one of the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2020.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting email@example.com.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.