Staff Software Engineer
If you are looking for an opportunity to solve deep technical problems and build innovative solutions in a fast-paced environment working with extremely smart, passionate software developers, this might be the role for you. You will work on hard problems at scale and will have autonomy to deliver.
Nutanix, a leader in enterprise cloud, is looking to hire a Staff Software Engineer for Nutanix Hybrid cloud Infrastructure. Nutanix welcomes big thinkers, those who are unafraid to take on seemingly impossible challenges.
- Architect, design and develop cloud-based services for providing distributed, scalable, secure and easy to use infrastructure.
- Develop expertise in multiple areas of the Acropolis Hypervisor management and serve as a technical leader in the organization, specifically focusing on Scheduler service. This component is largely responsible for scaling and managing compute resources;
- Initial workload placement
- Dynamic load balancing
- Providing High Availability guarantees
- VM mobility within and across clusters
- Contribute to defining the long-term vision and actively influence the product direction to align for customer success.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering support teams to accurately define customer requirements.
- Define and maintain a very high product quality bar by owning the content from inception to delivery.
- The candidate must be detail oriented, have superior verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, able to juggle multiple tasks at once, able to work independently, respect differences and can maintain professionalism under various circumstances.
- Deep experience with application and services development in a cloud environment, distributed systems design, API design and API backend frameworks.
- Solid understanding of operating systems and hypervisor concepts.
- Love of programming - excellent at Python, Golang and/or C++ for enterprise quality software development.
- Solid understanding of debugging techniques in a distributed environment.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree: Bachelors, Masters, or PhD in Computer Science or related field.
- 8+ years of overall experience in building and shipping production-grade services.
- 4+ years of experience with leading software development or research team
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.