Backend Engineer (Hybrid Cloud Manageability)
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 4,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
Nutanix is disrupting the multi-billion dollar virtualization market by pioneering the first hybrid cloud platform that can incrementally scale out to manage petabytes of data, while running tens of thousands of virtual machines. This brings about new distributed system challenges. If you are up to the challenge and would like to be a part of a team that makes history, then this job might be for you.
- Design and develop reliable, efficient, high performance, scaled out back end software for large scale enterprise and public cloud.
- Design and develop features for the Nutanix manageability platform that interacts with several micro services.
- Work on highly available services hosted on internet, respond to service outages in real time.
- Work on deploying, hosting and managing the services on public cloud like AWS, GCP, etc.
- Design and Implement robust APIs, with integration to different components.
- Create effective unit and integration tests.
- Implement and enhance automation framework that interacts with several micro services.
- Design high level test approaches and implementing detailed test plans.
- Ability to lead a team of engineers on complex engineering projects.
- Ability to write scripts and tools for development and debugging.
- Love of programming.
- Solid backend coding experience required.
- Python, Golang experience are a PLUS.
- Familiarity with building micro services on public cloud like AWS or GCP.
- Experience with security protocols around APIs a PLUS.
- Experience with web servers and REST APIs a PLUS.
- Experience/understanding of scaled out, highly available distributed systems.
- Experience in working in linux environment.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computer Science.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.