Global Account Systems Engineer
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 4,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
The SE acts in a consultative fashion and is looked to as an expert in his/her field by the Nutanix sales teams, business partners and customers.
- Articulate the features and benefits of Nutanix solutions and products.
- Understand the customer’s business drivers and how to map these to a Nutanix solution.
- Provide technical leadership in the Requirements Discovery, Solution Development, and Solution Proposal stages of the opportunity sales cycle.
- Perform product demonstrations and presentations in support of company road show’s and events.
- Manage, monitor, and/or perform solution evaluations and Proofs-of-Concept in support of sales opportunities either directly or through channel partners.
- Perform technical account management and act as an interface between the sales/pre-sales account teams and technical staff by monitoring and managing technical issues to conclusion, including any required management escalations required to resolve technical issues.
- Act as interface to Product Management to monitoring and manage feature requests and product roadmap issues to conclusion, including any required management escalations required to resolve related issues.
- Provide reporting and feedback on customer accounts and field activities to Sales, Product Management, and Engineering.
- Has proven customer facing skills at both the C-level and Senior management level.
- Has experience working in specific industry verticals preferably from both technical as well as presales perspective.
- be technically strong to establish credibility with technical leaders in customer and partner communities.
- Technical experience with virtualization technologies, data center consolidation, and/or server technologies
- Hands-on, and “does what it takes” attitude to drive success.
- Team player with strong determination and commercial awareness
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate professionally with partners, customers, and internal cross-functional teams including Sales, Marketing, and Engineering.
- A structured thinker with excellent presentation and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple sales opportunities and projects, determining urgency and executing detailed action plans.
- Highest level of personal and professional ethics and integrity.
- Travel may be required occasionally as needed but is not anticipated to be a significant percentage of time.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5-7+ years’ experience software pre-sales experience in a customer facing technical role.
- Experience that demonstrates a strong level of expertise in technical specifications required to sell Nutanix products and services is required.
- Experience in selling virtualisation solutions and Cloud based solutions or services
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Industry certification in one or more Server Virtualisation or Cloud technologies
- App centric experience in the following areas: Orchestration and Automation frameworks, App Containers and Microservices, DevOps, Big Data, Oracle or SQL, VDI, ERP, Vertical Specific Enterprise and Line of Business Apps
- Awareness of IoT and its industry direction
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.