Technical Writer - 3 (4-8 years)
Technical Writer will have the opportunity to work with teams of product and support engineers to create end user and internal documentation. The writer will also be responsible for release notes and for knowledgebase articles for a variety of audiences. We are looking for a candidate who is highly organized, can work independently in a fast-paced environment, and can produce multiple deliverables with frequent deadlines. Candidates should have the flexibility to learn new products and technologies quickly and have the versatility to move from project to project as needed. An ideal candidate will have a strong interest in innovative solutions to documentation challenges in the new era of computing and IT.
- Document new products, platforms, and features
- Maintain documentation for previous product versions
- Write release notes and support documentation
- Gather information from team meetings, product specifications, interviews with subject-matter experts, and direct interaction with systems
- Manage multiple projects for software and hardware products
- Peer review other writers’ work
- Gather and address feedback from multiple sources
- Work independently and rapidly to meet tight deadlines
- Coordinate efforts with the education team to manage shared content repository
- Work with engineering and marketing staff to develop, write, and edit technical papers
- Authoring concept, task, and reference topics for use in a variety of outputs and contexts
- Following organizational and industry standards (such as Microsoft Manual of Style for Technical Publications)
- Managing multiple versions of topics
- Tracking and prioritizing multiple simultaneous projects
- Using UNIX/Linux command-line interfaces
- Working in cross-functional teams
- BS or BA in technical/professional communication, English, journalism, computer science, electrical engineering, or other related field
- 5-8 years documenting software products
- Experience single-sourcing multiple deliverable types with topic-based structured authoring (DITA or other XML preferred)
- Some experience with UNIX/Linux, storage, virtualization, and/or networking technologies
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.