Member of Technical Staff - (QA - Performance & Automation)
Nutanix, a leader in enterprise cloud, is looking to hire outstanding software developers to join our Insights Team. The Insights Team provides predictive health and support automation for Nutanix customers, enabling them to easily uncover gaps in health and remediate issues that arise, resulting in self-serving of issues by customers.
We are looking for a software QA engineers to design and improve the quality of the next-gen features for our Insights Team. The individual should be able to design performance test scripts and participate in performance bottleneck analysis and fixes. Also, they should be able to design scripts for failure/resilience testing. They need to have an interest and capability in understanding the architecture and design limitations and come up with a comprehensive test plan in exercising and breaking the developed solution.
- Conducting requirements and design reviews of new features.
- Designing high level test approaches and implementing detailed test plans.
- Benchmark, load, stress, resilience and other non-functional tests.
- Monitor application logs to determine system behaviour, report issues and follow up with all stake holders to move towards the remediation.
- Analyse various system resources like CPU usage, Memory usage, Network usage, Garbage Collection and DB related parameters to identify the performance issues of the application.
- Generate performance graphs, session reports and other related documentation required for validation and analysis
- Designing automation framework and add automated test cases for repeating performance experiments by designing workloads.
- Testing features on distributed systems
- Executing automated and manual tests during product testing phases to find all bugs in your assigned feature area(s).
- Work closely with the Development team to analyse and find the root cause of failures.
- Establish best practices for filing defects and tracking them to closure.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related field is required.
- Minimum of 6 or more years of automation development experience.
- Experience with Python API test framework development and develop automated tests
- Experience in test plan design and non-functional test case development for complex distributed systems
- Experience in identifying memory leakage, connection issues & Bottleneck problem in the application.
- Basic understanding of Docker containers and familiarity with version control systems such as GIT, build management tools and Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins
- Ability to write scripts for performance testing and expertise in Performance Testing tools
- Experience working with Big Data technologies and one or more of the following cloud platforms: AWS, Azure, GCP, etc
- Familiarity with Agile development methodology
- Experience working with Apache Spark is a huge plus
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.