Employee Relations Intern - Summer
Employee Relations Intern
Named a 2019 Great Company for Millennials in the Bay area, at Nutanix we believe that students and new graduates offer a valued perspective on the work we do. We embrace innovative thinking and those who are willing to push the envelope to propel our company into the future. We are committed to finding and hiring the best out there and it starts with you!
Nutanix, a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, is seeking a dynamic and creative intern to join our Employee Relations organization. Our Employee Relations team provides guidance, support and recommendations for the resolution of critical and complex employee related activities. From ensuring optimal performance is delivered by our talent to creating and preserving a safe workplace, respectful to all of our “Nutants”, Employee Relations is the area wherein our culture (who we are) and our policies (how we show up) intersect. In that respect, we have our finger on the pulse of the Company’s culture and unique insights into organizational performance!
This individual will work as a project manager on programs and policies in support of the employee relations function, and will be responsible for the support, communication, and implementation of Employee Relations (ER/HR) policies and practices. The ideal candidate is highly organized, has exceptional attention to detail, strong time management skills, possesses excellent written and oral communication skills, is proactive, flexible in their approach to their work, solves problems creatively and wants an opportunity to work on meaningful projects. Will require a high level of discretion and demonstrate strict standards regarding confidentiality
What can Nutanix do for you?
Nutanix offers an exciting internship program that aligns with our Employee Relations model and talent development strategy. Students who are a part of our internship program will develop knowledge and skills across their areas of interest while working with an amazing tech culture. This intern will have the opportunity to be a key strategic contributor from the ground up.
Make an impact…
- Utilize your cognitive skills to help assess performance and behavioral issues that impede optimal individual, departmental and enterprise goal achievement
- Put your footprint on Employee Relations programs that enable next-level manager enablement
- Proactively identify opportunities to enhance the employee experience and help develop and implement innovative solutions
- Develop and implement project plans and serve as project manager for all phases
- Coordinate and participate in development, training and promotion of activities in support of talent development projects.
- Establish our brand on Nutanix’s intranet page by developing/modifying relevant content that enables our HR partners and people managers to effectively manage performance
- Use creativity to develop and/or enhance ER collateral, systems and processes
Knowledge, Innovation and Technology…
- Develop ER analytics, review trends for consumption by HRBP’s and people managers
- Upgrade existing and Identify new methods for delivering information to employees, managers and HR stakeholders
- Initiate process improvement to current protocols, process, methods of operation
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Must be pursuing a university degree in Human Resources, Psychology, Labor Relations, Pre-Law, Law, or similar discipline
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined policies and practices
- Bring technical expertise to analyze, design and present data in ways to represent Employee Relations’ case activity
- Project management skills desired
- Strong intellectual and analytical skills
- Maintain ability to work in a fast-paced environment and effectively manage competing priorities.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, and Power Point).
- Experience with ServiceNow and/or Workday highly desired but not required
- High level of confidentiality and ability to exercise discretion when handling sensitive information
- Ability to work in a remote setting as this summer internship will be remote
Does this sound like you? Let’s talk.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting email@example.com.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.