Staff Engineer-DR and Backup
Staff Engineer-DR and Backup
Hungry, Humble, Honest, with Heart
The Disaster Recovery and Backup team is responsible for building next-generation data protection and disaster recovery solutions for hybrid/multi-cloud datacenters. The data protection software platforms enables customers to protect, replicate and recover workloads in a hybrid/multi cloud environment. We are looking for passionate developers to work on scalable distributed systems. You will be contributing on design and development of scalable distributed systems covering various layers (Distributed storage layer, Control Plane and Management Plane) for both hybrid and multi cloud environments.
- Work on next-generation disaster recovery and data protection software platform enabling customers to protect and recover Business-critical applications.
- Design and develop a scalable, distributed system for hybrid and multi cloud environments.
- Provide technical leadership for an end-to-end high quality and performant software development and delivery.
- Work with Product managers, architects, and other technical leads to understand requirements and develop innovative solutions.
- Design and develop software for a converged compute + storage platform for the secondary and tertiary data.
- Develop a keen understanding of complex distributed systems, and design creative solutions for customer requirements.
- Engage with customers, partners, and support to provide world class software and support experience to end customers.
What You’ll Bring
- Design tradeoffs in building clustered, high- performance, fault-tolerant distributed systems software.
- Bachelor's degree or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related fields with 5-8 years of relevant industry experience.
- Love of programming, ability, and passion to solve complex problems.
- Strong experience in C++ and systems programming. Python or Go would be an added bonus.
- Experience building scalable fault tolerant distributed or cloud-native systems.
- Familiarity with concepts of disaster recovery, data protection, distributed data storage, clustered, high-performance, and fault-tolerant distributed systems software.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process, including DevOps and CI/CD.
- Experience with Hadoop, MapReduce, Cassandra, Zookeeper, and other large-scale distributed systems preferred.
- Have a bias for action and be able to rapidly implement and iterate solutions to complex technical problems spanning across multiple teams and technologies. Comfortable working in a fast-moving agile environment.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $158,400 and $316,800/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.