Database (NDB) Sales Specialist - Enterprise EAST US
We are looking for an experienced, motivated, and successful salesperson to join our team at Nutanix. In this role you will report directly to the Americas District Manager for Nutanix Database-as-a-Service (NDB). You will be a sales specialist focusing on our NDB solution. #LI-Remote
Nutanix Database-as-a-Service (NDB), previously called Era, enables small, nimble teams to easily manage large fleets of databases using a single console and API. This frees their time and skills to focus on the most critical databases. Nutanix Database Service is an emerging product and is a focus product for the SVP of Americas and the Chief Revenue Officer.
We want someone who will be able to build a pipeline in the database space. You will work alongside and collaborate with the technical Product Specialists, Solutions Architects and the Account Executives assigned to quarterback the territory accounts. We are looking for a sales specialist who has experience selling database solutions and is adept at building solid repeatable business propositions, particularly in a digital and cloud-focused environment. A consistent record of successful sales growth over multiple years is critical. This sales specialist will have experience selling Oracle, Microsoft SQL, or various open-source database solutions.
About the team
Our Americas Sales organization is made up of over 360 driven & passionate salespeople who share a desire to disrupt the current state of the data center. The Sales organization collaborates and partners with our sales engineering teams to recommend and design effective and appropriate customer solutions based on Nutanix offerings. We are looking to expand our team to include additional A-players who are looking to bring simplicity and efficiency to a complicated world.
- Extensive experience negotiating large deals with extremely complex terms, conditions, price pressures, and considerations.
- Proven ability to work effectively with and across all levels of business and IT contacts within large and complex organizations.
- Own an individual sales number, revenue targets, and sales projections.
- Works closely with channel partners to generate new business opportunities.
- Partner with the marketing team to ensure effective marketing strategy and the channel team on channel strategy.
- Ensure timely and accurate revenue, customer, and management reports using in-house systems, specifically the use of SFDC and Clari for forecasting requirements and prospect tracking.
- Work closely with Product Specialists, Product Architects, Systems Engineers, Territory Account Executives, Inside Reps, Field Marketing, Professional Services, and Channel Management to ensure target quotas as achieved and exceeded.
- Ability to travel up to 50% within the region.
- You have 5+ years of quota carrying sales experience in a fast-paced, highly competitive, ever-changing sales environment.
- You have a deep understanding of the changing environment within the enterprise market and how the drive for simplicity, cloud-first strategies, and cost savings can be used to build positive relationships and deliver significant sales success.
- You have experience selling Oracle, Microsoft SQL and or various open-source database solutions.
- You are a humble leader with a bias for action.
- You have a track record of exceeding assigned sales quotas in multiple, continuous years.
- You are someone with an entrepreneurial spirit with an affinity for collaboration and teamwork.
- You are a highly trusted individual who maintains and expects a high standard for yourself and your team.
- You are a self-starter who takes initiative, works with limited direction, and has experience with companies pursuing and undergoing rapid growth.
- You have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.