Sr. Director of Sales - U.S. Healthcare
We are looking for a Sr. Director of Sales to oversee our Healthcare Sales vertical in the United States. As a Sr. Director of Sales, you will be responsible for managing a sales team while selling Nutanix’s products and solutions through channel partners and interacting directly with healthcare customers throughout the US. You will be a second-line manager in this role and report to the SVP of Americas Sales.
The language and needs of Healthcare are unique, and the industry is experiencing unprecedented change. We want someone who can clearly articulate the value of Nutanix while respecting the overwhelming demands and responsibilities the Healthcare sector faces.
A keen ability to inspire and lead an industry-leading sales team and develop new customers to penetrate new divisions and organizations within existing clients is essential to success in this role. Nutanix provides unrivaled support and tools from the Engineering, Marketing, and Product Development departments for you to leverage to exceed sales performance goals. In this position, you would work very closely with SVPs and the C suite of Nutanix, and our customers and partners. You will significantly influence sales team decisions and initiatives.
About the team
Our Americas Sales organization includes 360 driven & passionate salespeople who share a desire to disrupt the current state of the data center. The Sales organization collaborates with our sales engineering teams to recommend and design effective and appropriate customer solutions based on Nutanix offerings. We are looking to expand our team to include additional A-players looking to bring simplicity and efficiency to a complicated world.
- Leading, inspiring, and retaining an existing sales team to grow the team, grow the business, and create more raving fans in our customers within the Healthcare space.
- Managing an existing sales team to grow the team throughout the US.
- Extensive experience negotiating large 7-figure deals with highly complex terms, conditions, price pressures, and considerations.
- Proven ability to work effectively with and across all levels of business and IT contacts within substantial and complex organizations.
- Own the US Healthcare vertical’s sales number, revenue targets, and sales projections.
- Works closely with channel partners to generate new business opportunities.
- Partner with the marketing team to ensure effective marketing strategy and the channel team on channel strategy.
- Ensure timely and accurate revenue, customer, and management reports using in-house systems, evangelizing the use of SFDC for forecasting requirements & prospect tracking.
- Manage, mentor, and ramp all Regional Sales Directors on the team and partner closely with the Systems Engineering team.
- Work collaboratively with employees within the sales function and across functions, including Marketing, Sales Operations, Systems Engineering, Professional Services, and Product Development.
- Extensive Rolodex, with proven experience in interviewing, hiring, and building high-performance sales teams.
- Experience using Saleforce.com and other Customer Relationship Management software.
- Ability to travel up to 50% within the region.
- You have 10+ years of quota-carrying sales experience and at least 5-10 years of high-level management experience of 7 or more direct reports in a fast-paced, highly competitive, ever-changing sales environment.
- You have a deep understanding of the healthcare market's changing environment and can use simplicity, cloud-first, cost savings strategies to build positive relationships and deliver significant sales success.
- Your experience demonstrates a strong level of expertise in technical specifications required to sell Nutanix products & services.
- You are a humble leader with a bias for action.
- You have a track record of exceeding assigned sales quotas in multiple, continuous years.
- You are someone with an entrepreneurial spirit with an affinity for collaboration and teamwork.
- You come with a keen ability to develop sales teams to help the team achieve their overall goals.
- You are a highly trusted individual who maintains and expects a high standard for yourself and your team.
- You are a self-starter who takes the initiative, works with limited direction, and has experience with companies pursuing and undergoing rapid growth.
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of#LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We are humbled to be recognized as one of Bloomberg’s Top 50 Companies to Watch in 2020 and one of the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2020.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.