Sr. MTS - Platform Solutions
Nutanix is disrupting the multi-billion dollar virtualization market by pioneering the first converged compute & storage virtualization appliance that can incrementally scale out to manage petabytes of data while running tens of thousands of virtual machines. This brings with it new challenges in managing a cluster of distributed systems. It is also a hard problem to address the troubleshooting and debuggability/serviceability aspects of these complex systems.
- Design integration software for the Nutanix distributed cluster.
- Understand the whole stack of hardware and its interaction with software and implement software that governs, monitors, and takes action on anomalies in the system.
- Implement reliable software management infrastructure for clusters that scale out to hundreds of hosts.
- Work on running the Nutanix stack on any hardware in the market.
- Work on making the Nutanix software stack highly reliable and performant via OS level tuning and configuration.
- Love of programming.
- Good Python and C++, ideally for enterprise-quality software.
- Extensive knowledge of UNIX/Linux.
- Familiarity with OS internals, concepts of distributed data management, and design/implementation tradeoffs in building clustered, high- performance, fault-tolerant distributed systems software.
- Familiarity with x86 architecture, virtualization and/or storage management.
- Bachelor’s and Master’s (preferred) in Computer Science.
- 5-7 years of industry experience or equivalent research experience.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyper-converged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting email@example.com.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.