Product Marketing Intern - Events (Summer 2020)
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 5,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
The Nutanix Product Marketing team is looking for an intern to support content development and coordination functions for our global .NEXT user conference. .NEXT is where industry visionaries will lead 60+ sessions designed to inspire, inform, and involve you in the future of the Enterprise Cloud. We hold .NEXT conferences in cities from Anaheim, California to Copenhagen, Denmark, and need an intern to help us continuously innovate, grow, and improve this gathering of industry visionaries.
You will work closely with various teams within the organization to manage and execute content for the .NEXT breakout sessions. This internship will give you first-hand experience on large-scale event execution. We are looking for an intern who has strong research and project management skills, excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, an analytical perspective, and self-driven attitude. If you have prior experience at a high-tech company, is a plus, but not required.
- Collaborate and work seamlessly across teams to manage speakers and content deliverables for events ranging from 3,500 to 8,000 attendees.
- Build blog strategy for the event with a goal to drive attendee registrations.
- Work closely with marketing events team and vendors to setup and manage event logistics and conference website updates.
- Identify and implement ongoing improvements on existing processes and procedures for content development and speaker coordination.
- Communicate effectively and timely between internal teams, speakers, and vendors to meet deadlines and objectives.
- Assist with onsite event operations and post-event analysis.
- Pursuing a bachelor's degree in business, marketing, communications, or relevant field of study.
- Understands pivot tables and other advanced Excel formulas.
- Demonstrated success in event management and project management.
- Superior oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
- Analytical and results orientated.
- A willingness to travel and ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, working within agreed deadlines and budgets.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.