Portfolio Specialist - Databases (ERA) CEUR(m/f) - Munich / Frankfurt, Germany, EMEA
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We are humbled to be recognized as one of Bloomberg’s Top 50 Companies to Watch in 2020 and one of the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2020.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer.
The Nutanix Solutions Architect (SA) combines deep technical expertise with a keen understanding of how to address the critical business needs of enterprise customers through Nutanix products and solutions. The SA is a high-impact, high-visibility role, and is considered to be the pinnacle of the Systems Engineering career path at Nutanix.
- Be a self-starter who can flourish in a dynamic technology company
- Support our sales teams on large and/or strategic opportunities
- Love for solving complex distributed database system problems
- Engage with senior technical decision makers throughout the sales process
- Present and discuss the value proposition(s) associated with your specialization
- Build long-term business relationships and become a trusted advisor within select accounts to see opportunities and sell Nutanix Solutions
- Ability to demonstrate and improve reseller/alliance partner relationships to increase sales
- Build and deliver technical product and solution presentations and/or training sessions to customers, partners, and Nutanix SEs as needed
- Install, support, and maintain Nutanix solutions during Proof of Concept (POC) deployments
- Stay well ahead of the learning curve in your area of expertise and related business trends
- Work across the NEEUR region with sales teams as a regional pre-sales resource providing deep technical support for proposed cluster Nutanix design with respect to underlying network requirements, as needed help with design and architecture for future customer requirements as they expand installations and help sales teams with networking issues at installed customers
- Work with the regional education team to ensure cross training to the field systems engineers of relevant industry network news as well as technical network training as appropriate
- Work with Nutanix Product Management to feed back information from customers and field sales teams to influence future Nutanix network and associated product development
- Deep domain expertise with one of the RDBMS technologies like Oracle, Microsoft SQL, DB2 or PostgreSQL
- Experience in architecting, designing and deploying complex database deployments and helping customers build DBaaS architecture
- Hands-on experience with Oracle/MSSQL databases, understanding AWR/PerfMon Reports and experience in sizing and design of complex workloads.
- Broad database/analytics experience around other technologies like NoSQL DB Workloads like MongoDB, Cassandra, CouchDB is desired
- Experience of other tier 1 business applications such as SAP/HANA
- Some coding / scripting experience to for automation of platforms through API
- Application and Server Virtualization experience
- Maintain relationships with technical resources at all levels of a customer organization
- Deep understanding of technical sales techniques and processes including the ability to understand customer needs, overcome objections, assist in the development of business cases, and technically close deals
- Flexible, dependable, self-starter, capable of quickly learning new products and technologies
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, as well as excellent presentation skills
- Ability to travel within the United States on occasion and as required
- Experience selling servers, storage hardware, or networking
- Strong knowledge of Linux/UNIX
- Extraordinary teammate that works well in dynamic situations and startup environments
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5-8 years prior Sales Engineering or Reseller experience in a high-tech sales environment with a proven track record of success in driving customer adoption of technology
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.