Staff Security Engineer-Cloud
Staff Security Engineer-Cloud
Hungry. Humble. Honest.
Our values form the foundation of who we are and how we operate every day around the world. They show up in our ambition to achieve our dreams, our courage to do what matters, and our tenacity to keep customers happy. At Nutanix, we prize those unique individuals who demonstrate empathy, respect differences, and appreciate others. If you’re authentic, credible and transparent—someone who walks your talk and thrives on collaboration—we want you to join our team!
The ideal candidate will have a passion for cybersecurity, system monitoring and analysis, and developing/automating creative solutions to secure our cloud infrastructure. As a Cloud Security Engineer you will be expected to be skilled at identifying security gaps in infrastructure and process, effectively execute projects/initiatives to address them, demonstrate excellent judgment, prioritization and communication of technical security risks, and act as a security liaison supporting business units in our cloud environment.
Key Responsibilities may include:
- Be a strong thought leader and clearly communicate and build support for your ideas across the different organizational units.
- Proactively identify security gaps, risks and issues and navigate organizational structure to resolve them in Azure and GCP.
- Design automated workflows to streamline security operations for complex environments in GCP/ Azure (Azure Automation/Functions, Azure Security center, GCP Functions).
- Analyzes and estimates feasibility, costs, time, and work effort needed to design and implement security solutions in Azure and GCP.
- Researches, analyzes, and formulates recommendations regarding technologies, products, and solutions to fulfill requirements within the enterprise in either Azure or GCP.
- May act as a consultant on special projects for multiple teams as you will be considered A SME in this role.
- Must be well organized and able to leverage best practices, able to thrive in fast-paced environment, and, most importantly, have the ability to approach problems with an innovative, can-do attitude.
- Experience in implementing Azure or GCP cloud native security solutions
- Working knowledge in cloud IAM roles, accounts, and secrets handling.
- Experience with enforcing enterprise architecture standards, processes, and compliance frameworks such as NIST 800-53, ISO 27001, FedRAMP, or CIS in cloud.
- Understanding of Infrastructure as code in order to detect security issues in Terraform.
- Experience with 1 or more programming or scripting language such as Python, Bash, VBScript, Powershell, JSON.
- BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Security, or Information Systems preferred
- 3 - 5 years of experience in Azure or GCP.
- CISSP,CCSP,SANS/GIAC, AZ-500 certificates preferred.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.