Early career - Software Engineer (Backend / Systems)
We are looking for a Developer with a strong background in programming, development, and distributed systems to be part of Nutanix Core Systems Group working on business continuity and disaster recovery and related products. Our team is working on exciting new challenges in building products that address every day challenges customers face in protecting mission critical data and their recovery.
In this role you will:
- Design and develop cloud native software services and infrastructure for a converged computing + storage platform on the cloud.
- Work on identifying the requirements and guiding QA engineers to write comprehensive test plans.
- Work on identifying performance bottlenecks, proposing solutions and verifying the improvements.
- Engage with customers, partners and support to provide world class software and support experience to end customers.
- Love of programming and strong experience in one or more programming languages: C, C++, Python ideally for enterprise-quality software
- Demonstrated ability to understand product requirements.
- Deep understanding of UNIX/Linux or expertise in Windows
- Familiarity with concepts of disaster recovery, data protection, storage snapshots, distributed data management, clustered, high-performance and fault-tolerant distributed systems software
- Familiarity with various replication technologies in distributed storage systems
- Experience working with virtualization technologies like VMware, Hyper-V, Xen. VMware experience is preferred
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process, including DevOps and CI/CD.
- Experience with Hadoop, MapReduce, Cassandra, Zookeeper and other large-scale distributed systems preferred
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science and related field.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.