Senior Consultant - Cloud
Nutanix is a cloud computing software company that provides innovative hyper-converged infrastructure and hybrid cloud solutions for Data Center, DevOps and Desktop transformation. Founded in 2009, we have been a publicly held company since 2016. Named 2019 Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader for Hyper-Converged Systems.
Nutanix is a cloud computing software company that enables IT teams to build and operate powerful multi-cloud architectures. Our Enterprise Cloud Operating System melds private, public and distributed cloud operating environments and provides a single point of control to manage IT infrastructure and applications at any scale. Founded in 2009, we have been a publicly held company since 2016.
Nutanix is the right fit for you if you are passionate about technology, creative, and accomplished in your growing career. We pride ourselves on our encouraging culture where you learn from failures, pick yourself back up and become the best version of yourself. Nutanix offers several opportunities to participate in professional development and learning, fostering an inspiring environment. We believe in not only supporting you, but also your families through fully-paid healthcare plans, equity, and other financial tools and wellness programs.
Position: Senior Consultant
A successful candidate in this role will have career development opportunities including growth in Solutions Design as a Consulting Architect, potential for Consulting Management roles, or Practice Development.
- Billable Project work 70% of time
- Conduct customer focused workshops to introduce customers to products such as Calm, Files, Flow, and AHV Hypervisor.
- Work with Nutanix customers to understand business goals and translate them into cloud automation and orchestration solutions
- Assist with the design of service catalogs for Self-Service Provisioning (SSP) leveraging the Nutanix Calm Automation and Orchestration platform to provisioning and manage mode 2 applications delivered to both private cloud and public cloud end-points
(note: Nutanix Calm experience not required and can be learned on the job)
- Assist with development of detailed blueprint specifications that developers will use to write code and develop the automation components.
- Work collaboratively in a scrum agile team leveraging a variety of DevOps tools (e.g. Jira, GitHub, Jenkins, etc) as part of the CI/CD pipeline
- Work with software development teams at a hands-on level to design and write code
- Develop and test end-to-end blueprint incorporating all developer code to deliver the desired outcome
- Participate in a limited pre-sales involvement to provide services overlay to the existing sales motion primarily as a SME
- Create toolkits and best practice documents and whitepapers
- Ability to travel up to 70%.
- Up to 70% of travel
- A minimum of 5 years of industry experience
- Understanding of virtualization technologies (VMware, KVM, Hyper-V) and infrastructure
- Ability to whiteboard solutions interactively with customers and develop documentation
- Leverage DevOps tools like GitHub, Jira, Jenkins, Artifactory, Zephyr, etc. to deliver automation and promote a DevOps culture
- Experience with building and running large scale, distributed, highly-available, fault-tolerant, multi-tier applications running on both Windows and Linux
- Ability to manage multiple projects while maintaining a high level of detail
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems
- Comfort level using one or more automation tools or orchestration application stacks and frameworks (e.g. Terraforms, Lambda, Azure Pack, Azure Stack, OpenStack, Cloud Stack, VMware vCO, or Microsoft Systems Center Orchestrator)
- Experience with developing and managing public cloud-computing environments
- Experience developing scalable cloud microservices using container technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, and Mesosphere
- Understanding of architecture and use cases for configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef, Ansible, and SALT Stack
- Experience in network virtualization technologies (e.g. NSX or ACI)
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We are humbled to be recognized as one of Bloomberg’s Top 50 Companies to Watch in 2020 and one of the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2020.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting email@example.com.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.