Member of Technical Staff - Nutanix Clusters
The Nutanix Clusters Team is continuing to build a product that is a True Hybrid Cloud extension from on-premises data centers to public clouds: Allowing the management of applications in private and public clouds without retooling or rework translation between environments. We are looking to add a Developer to this Team that will help drive and transform our product offerings as we evolve deeper into the hybrid cloud. This is an exciting opportunity to work on leading edge technologies that cross the landscape of Nutanix products and guide our journey into the next evolution of Hybrid Cloud.
- Architect, design and develop software for a hybrid cloud environment for the software defined data center.
- Develop a deep understanding of complex distributed systems, and design innovative solutions for customer requirements.
- Work on performance, scaling out and resiliency of distributed cloud systems.
- Work closely with development, test, documentation and product management teams to deliver high-quality products in a fast-paced environment.
- Engage with customers and support when needed to solve production issues.
- 6+ years of relevant industry experience
- Love of programming and excellent proficiency in one or more languages: C, C++, Java, Python ideally for enterprise-quality software
- Strong knowledge of UNIX/Linux or expertise in Windows
- Development experience in file systems, operating systems, database back-ends, distributed systems management, Cloud technologies
- Experience with Hadoop, MapReduce, Cassandra, Zookeeper and other large-scale distributed systems preferred
- Familiarity with OS internals, concepts of distributed data management, and design/implementation tradeoffs in building clustered, high- performance, fault-tolerant distributed systems software
- Experience working with virtualization technologies like VMware, Hyper-V, Xen. VMware preferred
- Familiarity with x86 architecture, virtualization and/or storage management
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field required. Advanced degree in Computer Science preferred
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.