The Portfolio Specialist will sit within our Products team and drive our Emerging product technology suite. This is a customer-focused technical sales professional that provides pre-sales consulting, technical guidance, and hands-on to customers and partners. The Portfolio Specialist collaborates with Nutanix Sales team recommend and design effective base on customers’ data center applications through Nutanix Enterprise Cloud.
The Portfolio Specialist acts in a consultative fashion and is looked to as an expert in his/her field by the Nutanix Portfolio team, business partners and customers.
- Support our sales teams on large and/or strategic opportunities
- Support our channel team on partner enablement and webinars
- Engage with senior technical decision makers throughout the sales process
- Present and discuss the value proposition(s) associated with your specialization
- Build long-term business relationships and become a trusted advisor within select accounts to see opportunities and sell Nutanix Solutions
- Ability to demonstrate and improve reseller/alliance partner relationships to increase sales
- Build and deliver technical product and solution presentations and/or training sessions to customers, partners, and Nutanix SEs as needed
- Install, support, and maintain Nutanix solutions during Proof of Concept (POC) deployments
- Stay well ahead of the learning curve in your area of expertise and related business trends
- Work across the Hong Kong (major) and Taiwan with sales teams as a regional pre-sales resource providing deep technical support for proposed cluster Nutanix design with respect to underlying Devops & ERA (DB management) requirements, as needed help with design and architecture for future customer requirements as they expand installations and help sales teams with DB issues or Devops initiative at installed customers.
- Work with Nutanix Product Management to feed-back information from customers and field sales teams to influence future Nutanix product development.
- 6+ years of relevant experience as a sales engineer or customer-facing engineer working on large-scale enterprise environments in hybrid cloud, Devops or Database
- Substantial hands-on experience, supporting customers during product demonstrations, training, and a proven track of running Proof of Concepts with customers
- Passionate about technology, solutions and their impact on customers
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, solve customer challenges with solutions, and leverage resources to drive sales
- Hypervisor hands-on and architecture experience in at least one of these:
VMware ESXi / Hyper-V / KVM / Nutanix AHV
- Experience with Devops and best practices
- Has knowledge and Experience with DB operation e.g. Oracle, MSSQL, NoSQL DB and best practices
- Virtual Networking or Network Security hands-on experience with Next-Generation / virtualized Firewalls is a plus
- Public Cloud experience with at least one of these:
Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.