Senior Member of Technical Staff (Prism Infra)
Nutanix engineers are creating a revolutionary technology, building the software defined data center. We’re using our love of programming and outstanding backgrounds to change the way companies virtualize their data center. At Nutanix, you’ll find no shortage of challenging problems to work on. We work closely with our product in a collegiate, collaborative environment that encourages the open exploration of ideas.
In this role you will be working on the backend of a highly scalable and performant distributed control plane. Our team “Engineers” solutions to work at scale, different versions, environments.
- Develop a deep understanding of complex distributed systems, and design innovative solutions for customer requirements.
- Improve performance, scale-out and resiliency of distributed systems and our distributed control plane.
- Work closely with other development teams, quality team, documentation writers and product management to deliver high-quality products in a fast-paced environment.
- Engage with customers and support when needed to solve production issues.
- Love of programming with rock-solid understanding of Java and experience in developing applications, ideally for enterprise-quality software.
- Experience in working with Springboot, hibernate, MVC frameworks
- Familiarity with OS internals, concepts of distributed data management, and design/implementation tradeoffs in building clustered, high- performance, fault-tolerant distributed systems software
- Experience working on Microservices architectures, containerization, docker, k8s, cloud deployments and security is desirable.
- Familiarity with x86 architecture, virtualization and/or storage management
- Bachelor’s/Master’s (required), or PhD (preferred) in Computer Science
- 8+ years of industry experience or equivalent research experience
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.