Member of Technical Staff - Backend
About Nutanix Beam
The Beam team is hungry to build a new category of Cloud Governance Platform as part of Nutanix vision to simplify Multi-Cloud & Hybrid-Cloud management. We continue with our fast-paced start-up mindset within and look forward to adding self-initiated team members who take ownership and are excited to build phenomenal products.
Overview of the role
Are you keen to join the team that is creating a SaaS platform for the Enterprise Cloud? We are looking for a passionate backend engineer to join our team and design and implement the next-gen multi-cloud features in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Design and develop high-quality data processing pipelines, REST APIs, and Database designs for highly scalable, highly available, and robust services.
- Translate product requirements into engineering requirements and drive projects from problem statement to production release; from system design to APIs; from unit testing to functional testing.
- Write efficient, scalable, and clean code.
- Collaborate with fellow engineers in adopting successful practices in design, development, and testing.
- Participate in on-call rotations and handle customer queries.
- Love for programming and rock-solid in one or more languages: Java & Go primarily and Python would be a plus.
- Proficiency in software engineering principles, best practices, software design, development, and delivery.
- Proficiency in Object-Oriented programming and design.
- Experience with distributed and multi-tenant SaaS systems.
- Experience with Relational & NoSQL databases, preferably PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Druid, MongoDB.
- Strong web application technology experience.
- Experience working with large-scale datasets and one or more of the public cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.).
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving abilities.
- Detail-oriented with a strong focus on code simplicity and performance.
- Should have been the owner of a component and demonstrated technical leadership in that area.
- Should have led and mentored a group of at least 3 engineers and been responsible for delivery of projects they are working on, as well as grooming their technical careers.
- Familiarity with containers and microservices.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Computer science or equivalent.
- 5 to 7 years of relevant experience in building enterprise-quality SaaS products.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.