Full-stack Software Engineer - Payments/APIs
We are Streamlabs, a technology company (acquired by Logitech in 2019) located in San Francisco, Vancouver and remotely all over the world. We build tools and software allowing nearly 40 million live streamers to engage with viewers, monetize their broadcasts, and grow their channels. Over 25 million in donations have been paid out to streamers through our platform since 2015. The top live creators on Twitch and other platforms trust and use our tools to broadcast and monetize their streams. Our company is changing the live streaming and creator industry and you can be a big part of it.
On top of our core product stack, we are launching new bets to help serve creators. Four new products we launched this year are oslo.io, melonapp.com, crossclip.com, wlo.link. We tried and failed with 8 other products that did not find product market fit.
We are looking for a full-stack software engineer. You are driven, owner, clear communicator, have high standards and achieve more in 1 month than most competent engineers do in a quarter. You will not do this work alone. You will be supported by some of the brightest, passionate, and interesting people you've ever worked with.
- 3+ years experience building and scaling resilient products/services and working on production ready scaleable code
- Deep experience writing code in PHP
- Experience working with APIs at scale
- Comfortable doing front-end tasks if that means seeing project or bug all the way through
- Previous experience of scaling infrastructure to support millions of users
- BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Contributor to any open-source projects
- Curious, very interested in learning new areas such as open-source development, WSIWYG tools, video trans-coding delivery at scale, APIs and more.
- We hire for passion, work ethic, and attitude. Everything else can be learned.
- We value speed of execution over perfection. Products are never perfect when released
- We’re a small team and believe a lot in empathy. You will not be micro-managed. You will have complete freedom in how you implement product features and carry a ton of responsibility
- Expert in PHP/laravel
- Experience in Ruby, Go, or Python and other back-end technologies
- Experience with APIs
- Deep knowledge of command lines and debugging
- Willingness to work on front-end tasks (i.e. user-facing bugs)
Competitive salary, bonuses, and benefits (Logitech competitive package)
We are a distributed team (have been before pandemic) with fully-remote culture. At same time, a large % of our team is in PST time zone and so it is important to overlap with PST for at least 3 hours each day.
More about our company and culture:
We believe in meaningful work and meaningful relationships. Central to our culture is deep empathy for our teammates. We do team-wide hackathons and fly the entire team from across the globe to one location to build new ideas together and talk strategy. We strive for complete transparency within the company with a weekly all-hands that covers everything (that is also the only standing meeting we have as a team - anti-meeting). We do learning talks, game nights, product demos, AMAs, and much more. We support remote work, especially during these times.
If you think you're a fit - we'd love to chat. Please email your resume and links to open source contributions (github profile etc.) and we will get back to you within 24 hours.