As an IT Platform Services Cloud Architect you will provide technical leadership in support of Logitech IT’s initiatives in cloud computing and automation, with a focus on the design of systems and services that run on cloud platforms. The Cloud Architect reports into the IT organization as a member of the Platform Services team, but will contribute to various product group initiatives to provide architectural leadership and best practices. Additionally, the Cloud Architect will be responsible for ensuring that critical applications are designed and optimized for high availability and disaster recovery. The Platform Services team designs, provisions, and maintains Logitech’s global presence for on premise and cloud compute and storage resources across all regions.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or closely related subject. In addition, 5 or more years experience in designing complex IT operations is required. The position requires the ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with a group of high performing individuals in technical and lay terms.
Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. These are the behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will:
Demonstrate knowledge of cloud architecture and implementation features (OS, multi-tenancy, virtualization, orchestration, scalability)
● Demonstrate knowledge of DevOps tool chains and processes
● Act as a Subject Matter Expert to the organization for cloud end-to-end architecture,
including AWS, GCP, OCI, Azure and other possible future providers, networking,
provisioning, and management
● Demonstrated ability to back decisions with research and the “why,” and articulate
several options, the pros and cons for each, and a recommendation
● Maintain overall industry knowledge on latest trends, technology, etc.
● Develop solutions architecture and evaluate architectural alternatives for private, public
and hybrid cloud models, including IaaS, PaaS, serverless/containerized applications and
other cloud services
● Contribute to DevOps development activities and complex development tasks
● Define optimal design patterns and solutions for high availability and disaster recovery for
● Build out IaC-first deployments, and assist other team members and groups to do the
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
● 5+ years of experience spanning at least two IT disciplines, including technical architecture, network management, application development, middleware, database management, systems operations or cybersecurity
● Experience with AWS, GCP, and VMWare enterprise implementations
● Knowledge of all components of technical architecture, full stack expertise
● Strong understanding of network architecture and application development
● Strong understanding of service oriented architecture and client/server systems
● Strong skills in IaC solutions such as Terraform (preferred), AWS CDK, CloudFormation,
and/or Azure Resource Manager
In addition, preferable skills and behaviors include:
● Ability to understand IT systems and business process interactions through design
● Exposure to other CSPs, such as Azure, OCI, and Alibaba.
● Willingness and desire to mentor other team members in cloud best practices
● Ability to collaborate with diverse sets of stakeholders to find secure, scalable,
cost-effective, and mutually beneficial solutions for the company as a whole
● Bachelor’s degree in computer science, systems analysis or a related field of study, or equivalent experience
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 510-713- 4866 for assistance.