Senior Mechanical Engineer
The responsibilities for this position include mechanical design and development from product front end, through product design and launch into successful mass production. The ability to use Pro/E and analysis tools to create reliable mechanical designs for volume mass production is required. Additional responsibilities include ensuring product features achieve cost, schedule, reliability, regulatory and safety goals.
Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. These are the behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will:
• Design, analysis, documentation and testing of complex mechanical parts and assemblies. Analyze critical areas of design with use of appropriate analysis tools.
• Play a key role in ensuring the final design meets quality and cost goals, and achieves specifications of reliability, manufacturability, and functionality.
• Partner with Manufacturing teams/Suppliers to ensure our designs are optimized for mass production.
• Resolve ME issues/challenges.
• Partner and collaborate with other worldwide functions to achieve seamless product development.
• Launch the development and qualification of plastic tooling, including design debug.
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
• 5+ years experience in mechanical design/development of high volume consumer electronic products.
• Good knowledge of plastic, tooling, injection molding, assembly process, cosmetic finishes, and defect analysis.
• Good knowledge in metal punch tool structure and design.
• Good Pro/E skills.
• Good problem solving skills.
• Good understanding in risk management.
• Advanced Knowledge of quality tools such as DFMEA, DFMA, PSS and Tolerance analysis.
• Fluent prototyping skills.
• CAE is a plus.
• Taking initiative in job.
• Creative and self-motivated.
• Good command of English writing and speaking, and ability to make file for presentations.
In addition, preferable skills and behaviors include:
• Communication skill in both Chinese and English
• Experience in mouse, keyboard, computer, camera, cell phone and related consumer electronic products.
• Experience in injection molded plastic industry.
• Graduate or undergraduate in Mechanical or Engineering Area
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”