Principal Software Development Engineer
What is the first thing you think of when I mention Logitech? If you are like most people, you are probably thinking keyboard, mouse and webcam. However, did you know that Logitech is the market leader in Video Collaboration (VC) equipment in the enterprise market? In fact, we sell more VC equipment than the next two competitors combined!
We are a fast paced, nimble group with a mission to make the Video Conferencing experience for the remote participant better than being physically in the conference room by using technologies such as Computer Vision/Machine Learning, Cloud Computing and Internet of Things (IoT). Our group is run like a startup, by people who have a track record of leading teams in other startups and/or top tier technology companies such as Netflix and Amazon and the results speak for themselves. We have consistently had mid to high double-digit growth over the past several years, including a whopping 81% in the latest quarter.
We are looking for talented engineers and leaders to join our growing team innovators and go-getters to deliver the next set of revolutionary products. Ideal candidates will exhibit a high degree of ownership, independent thinking, a die-hard, can do attitude with a burning desire to challenge and change the status quo.
Do you have what it takes to board this rocket ship and redefine an entire industry? If so, we can't wait to talk to you and bring you on-board :)
- At least 10 years of Software development experience with at least 7 years on user-space applications for a mass-market, commercially successful product running Android.
- Strong, hands-on C/C++ and Java experience, creating scalable software design and implementation based on a moderately complex set of requirements.
- Excellent Software Design/Architecture skills, including significant real world experience with Object Oriented Design and Design Patterns
- Experience creating both native applications and Java based Android Systems Services/Applications
- Experience leading the entire life cycle of Android products from concept to delivery to sustenance.
- At least a Bachelors degree in one or more of these Engineering fields: Electrical, Electronics, Telecommunications or Computer Science
- Hands-on experience with Git, Gerrit, Jenkins, Test Driven Development and entire CI/CD pipeline
- Excellent organizational and people skills with a high degree of ownership and a 'go-getter' attitude that is contagious
- Quick learner, inquisitive with excellent verbal and written skills in English
- Extensive experience with Linux/Android camera stack (V4L2, HAL v3)
- Experience with Device Security paradigms such as SELinux, disk encryption, secure boot, signed system builds
- Experience with hardware based acceleration for audio/video codecs
- Experience with Gstreamer based media pipeline
- Experience with Python development
- Experience working with SoC and embedded platform vendors
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 510-713- 4866 for assistance.