Senior Firmware/Software Quality Assurance Testing and Management Engineer for Video Collaboration Headsets
The Senior Firmware/Software Quality Assurance Testing and Management Engineer is responsible for testing and validating the headphones and headsets project firmware/software design from the product front end, through product design, and launch into successful mass production. It needs to work with the internal design engineering team and contract manufacturers to manage/achieve the product quality and user experience requirements.
Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. These are the behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will:
• Interact and work directly with the Development team and Program Management to get the necessary support regarding key deliverables and interacting with them in an effort to resolve issues quickly and efficiently.
• Be the point of communication for the project's Firmware/Software Quality Assurance status to a broad audience from executives to engineers highlighting risks with corrective actions.
• Exposure to designing, running, implementing, and supporting stress and load testing against hardware devices and to UI.
• Set up test systems to support various applications, and recommend areas of improvements and enhancements.
• Proven track record of testing both Firmware and Software application on PC/MAC, and mobile devices to report and gather important information to debug and pass on to Development.
• Verify and reproduce issues reported by the field, or as needed during product release and regression.
• Organize and track in detail, the product associated status of the firmware/software tests.
• Support factory pilot and production build debugging.
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
• 3~5+ years of experience in a Firmware/Software Quality Assurance and troubleshooting role, preferably with audio headphones and headsets capabilities.
• With limited supervision able to create test cases, enhance test cases, and execute them.
• Being able to extract and create the Firmware/Software Test Plan related PC/MAC and iOS/Android, by reviewing marketing product requirement documents.
• Able to confirm test execution, and the ability to suggest additional supporting efforts.
• Being able to execute tests and able to distinguish between Hardware failures, Firmware/Software failures, problems coming for the Host, or network environment.
• Being flexible and able to support and handle recurring trial runs, along with multiple projects being executed close together.
• Understand the Microsoft TEAMS, Apply MFi, Amazon AWS, and Google Fast Pairing applications and tests.
• Familiar with using general mobile devices to interact with devices via Bluetooth, NFC, WiFi, and using mobile applications to interact with development devices.
• Familiar with TTP and JIRA reporting system.
• Excellent cross-functional leadership skills and strong logic thinking to resolve project issues
• Able to lead a discussion on issues and make informed decisions.
• Outstanding communication skills verbally and written in English.
• Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
• Experience working with Asia-based manufacturing partners.
• Ability to travel to Asia and the US.
In addition, preferable skills and behaviors include:
• Project management experience is a plus.
• BS or equivalent minimum. MS preferred. 3+ years of relevant industry experience in consumer electronic products.
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 510-713- 4866 for assistance.