Corporate Counsel – Global Compliance
Logitech is looking for a Corporate Counsel – Global Compliance to support our global trade, product regulatory, and environmental compliance teams.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in advising and supporting a hardware and software technology company’s global trade compliance organization, but will also be able and excited to learn new areas of compliance, including product regulatory and environmental.
Be the Legal team’s primary advisor to the operationally-focused members of the global trade compliance team
Work closely with the global trade compliance team to develop, implement and improve a world class program
Identify opportunities to improve existing process and implement new ones to ensure efficient operations and export compliance best practices
Proactively identify opportunities for savings, refunds, and appropriate reclassifications
Provide timely and thoughtful advice to ensure proper classifications and country of origin determinations, technology transfers, and other exports; meet licensing requirements; and provide timely and appropriate risk assessments
Help develop long-term strategies to facilitate our global business in a rapidly evolving trade and regulatory landscape
Develop and deliver easy-to-understand trade compliance training to employees
Collaborate with Legal and business teams spread across time zones – in multiple locations in Asia, California, Switzerland, and Ireland
- 12+ years of relevant legal and business experience, with significant experience advising a global trade compliance organization
- Deep understanding and experience in the practical application of US and international export/import laws regulations
- Significant experience working with technology companies with broad hardware and software product portfolios
- Ability and desire to learn new areas of compliance (e.g., product, environmental) and contribute in a fast-paced and growing organization
- Ability to make difficult decisions thoughtfully, quickly, and confidently, and influence business colleagues and senior management
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to understand and communicate complex technical and legal issues and translate them for non-experts
- High degree of accountability, self-motivation, and drive, and excellent judgment
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 510-713- 4866 for assistance.