Mechanical Engineering Intern - Cushion Mechanism for Acoustic Devices
We are looking for a potential candidate will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic R&D Center, collaborating with expert teams to create great products in Video Conferencing field. Passion for design and develop the Mechanical structure is the key, this includes creating and testing solutions to meet design goals.
Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. These are the behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will:
• The main area of focus is Video Conferencing System – Cushion Mechanism for Acoustic Devices, and studying product level related parameters.
• Use of measurement and testing equipment (Accelerometer, etc.), to support output, includes vibration, noise and acoustic performance measurement, analysis & test, etc.
• Data analysis and identify parameters and search for solutions to meet product requirement.
• Extensive prototyping based on parameters to validate the output.
• Sketches, drawings, 3D (SLA) printings, including prototype fabrication.
• At the end of the internship, the potential candidate will have to deliver:
- A fully functional prototype to demonstrate parameters
- Summary parameters of analysis and output of presentation.
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
• Knowledge of Vibration isolation / Noise reduction related subject.
• An interest in Cushion mechanism design and technology is of particular interest.
• Basic application of ANSYS FLUENT/ COMSOL is a plus.
• 3D modeling(Pro/E)
• Knowledge of 3D printing prototyping, material and tooling, and molding is a plus.
• English communication skills in fluent – both written and verbal.
Major in Mechanical Engineering or related, candidate finishing at least 4th year on a degree course could be considered. The higher educated background, the better preferred.
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”