Electrical Engineering Technical Manager
Are you ready to join a team involved with designing exciting products for a great company? We are now looking for an EE Technical Manager to join our team. Blue Microphone is the world’s leading provider of Microphone, Our product design group strives at developing products with a powerful blend of artistic design, surprising science, and innovation driven by consumer insight. Focused on innovation and quality, we want to change the way people use our peripherals by offering more comfortable, fun, productive, convenient, delightful and seamless experience with the digital world! Our offices in Hsinchu provide an open-minded working environment and personal development opportunities in a WW international design company.
Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. These are the behaviors you’ll need for success at Blue Microphone. In this role you will:
• Define and review system architecture of product for our Blue Microphone brand.
• Create and own EE schematics, drive the design and layout of:
- USB audio codec subsystems.
- Professional XLR audio analog circuit
- Power management units.
- Wireless audio system
• Bring technical leadership and experience in product design involving strong cross-functional and system capabilities:
- Industrial design, mechanical engineering, microphones, embedded software, design for testability.
• Collaborate with the factory to ensure smooth and efficient mass production.
• Qualify the design to achieve our high quality standards.
• Lead the technical development to meet cost, schedule and user experience.
• Engage in technical surveys of EE technologies to continue driving innovation.
• Co-work with a worldwide, multi-site and multi-cultural team to develop world-leading Audio products.
• Share experience and coach other team members to grow team capabilities.
• Drive positive change and out-of-the-box thinking to stay ahead of competition.
• Travel worldwide to help cross-site collaboration efficiency.
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
• Master degree in Electrical & Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
• At least 8 years of post-degree development experience in high-volume consumer electronics industry.
• Experience in the Audio products industry is a plus.
• Solid experience in PCBA and electrical designs involving
- All-type USB interfaces.
- Audio circuits and components.
- Wireless systems and antennas.
- Microphones and lighting components.
• Strong PCB layout capabilities
- Signals ranging from DC to >1GHz.
- Altium Designer or PADS layout tool
- AutoCAD, CAM350
• Experience in audio design simulation tools
• Experience in CE/FCC UL certifications
• Experience in SoundCheck, Cool Edit acoustic testing software
• Experience in Labview testing procedure
• Proven knowledge in current and latest manufacturing operations.
• Quick learner, self-motivated and curious with good priorities and time management skills.
• Excellent communication skills with high fluency in both written and spoken English.
• Efficiently create reports/synthesis on complex cross-functional topics.
• Drive multi-sites technical meetings (agenda, minutes and follow-up).
• Deep knowledge of engineering methodologies
- DFMEA, SPC, DoE, 8D/DMAIC
• Team player with outspoken, open-minded and creative personality.
• Solid exposure in a multicultural working environment.
• Enjoying and playing Music is a plus.
Blue Microphone is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexualorientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”